NEWS! - Aircraft Updated : Citation C-560XL XP12 v1.5 by AirSim3D

NEWS! - Aircraft Updated : Citation C-560XL XP12 v1.5 by AirSim3D

560XL XP12 v1.5 update News! header.jpg

AirSim 3D are back with another update to v1.5 for the excellent Citation C-560 XL. Again the update uses references to the latest X-Plane 12.08 release in performance and flight model tuning, plus it also has a new "Crash" factor that makes a hard landing another experience altogether again.

V1.5 notes...

1) Landing gear buckles realistically on hard-landing TD's -- Realistic and Augmented modes use different tolerances
2) Real-time livery changes updates aircraft reg N automatically to remain synced with new/updated XP12.0.8x features, functions, requirements to continue working 99% bug free:
3) Engine and Autothrottle
4) Fuel system
5) XFeed functionality
6) AO and flight model tuning
7) Texture/PBR materials updates: Especially Aluminum PBR. Also custom bump mapping tweaks. AO: softer cockpit AO shading. LR still needs to tune their AA and AO more so we'll keep updating these as they bake.
8 ) LR introduced new "ground services" functions. The C-560XL however has a completely self-contained and custom GPU. Now updated so pilots do NOT need to "call ground services" each time for starting/using the C-560XL custom GPU.

A "Cold and Dark setup video was also released by AirSim 3Da few weeks ago, very good it is.

The Cessna Citation Excel (XL) is an American midsize business jet in the Cessna Citation family. Announced in October 1994, the Model 560XL first flew on February 29, 1996, certification was granted in April 1998, and over 1,000 have been delivered. The 2,100 nmi-range (3,900 km), 20,200 lb (9,200 kg) MTOW jet is powered by two 3,650–4,080 lbf (16.2–18.1 kN) PW545 turbofans, has the cruciform tail and unswept supercritical wing of the Citation V (560), and a slightly shortened Citation X stand-up cabin.

Citation_560XL_XP12_Flying 8.jpgCitation_560XL_XP12_Flying 9.jpgCitation_560XL_XP12_Flying 10.jpgCitation_560XL_XP12_Flying 11.jpgCitation_560XL_XP12_Flying 12.jpg

AirSim3D C-560XL_XP12_Internal 10.jpgAirSim3D C-560XL_XP12_Internal 11.jpgAirSim3D C-560XL_XP12_Internal 12.jpg

The full X-Plane 12 C-560XL review is here: Aircraft Update : Citation C-560XL X-Plane 12 by AirSim3D

• “My main interest is flying bizjets, and this one is an excellent addition to my ''hanger".... Also, Support responds very quickly on this forum too. Thanks for that."
  • “Just doing a night flight, the night lighting is excellent. I do like this airplane a lot”
  • “Engine sounds are really good inside and out. I live near an airport, and it sounds like the real Citations as they take off”
  • “The best aircraft of my hangar .. and I have all the other more popular biz jets and Airliners!!
  • From the XPlaneReview: “Having flown the XL a lot over the past month, I now really love it, even miss it a lot when flying other aircraft. Recommended.”
  • “Are ya'll thinking about making other AWESOME models like this one? 5 Star (support) service!”

Designed by AirSim3D

X-Plane Store logo sm.jpg

Yes! the Cessna Citation 560XL X-Plane 12 v1.5 by AirSim3d is NOW available from the X-Plane.Org Store here:

Cessna Citation 560XL XP12

Price is US$59.95

Cessna Citation 560XL XP11

Price is US$49.95

Cessna Citation 560XL XP12 + XP11

Price is US$79.95

Features:

AirSim3D C-560 XL: Real-Jet authenticity

• Real jet visits at Boeing airfield were extensively used to inform build and design decisions
  • 100’s of pages of real POH manuals, specs, drawings, pics used
  • Real pilot tested and extensively beta tested
  • Result: real-world systems, lighting, functions, modeling and procedures authenticity

Requirements

X-Plane 12 Only

Windows, Mac or Linux
4 GB VRAM Minimum - 8 GB+ VRAM Recommended
Current version : 1.5 (November 21st 2023)

There are 3 purchase options for the 560 XL

Important Notes: If you purchased the 560XL before March 15th, your purchase already includes XP11 and XP12 versions
There will be no upgrade between packages so please make sure you get the right one.

News by Stephen Dutton

23rd November 2023

Copyright©2023: X-Plane Reviews

(Disclaimer. All images and text in this review are the work and property of X-PlaneReviews, no sharing or copy of the content is allowed without consent from the author as per copyright conditions) All Rights Reserved

Logo Header X-PlaneReviews 200px.jpg

• Stephen changed the title to NEWS! - Aircraft Updated : Citation C-560XL XP12 v1.5 by AirSim3D