Aircraft Review : FlightFactor Boeing 757RR-200

Stephen

Hi Guys! 

I have one problem with my b757. When I press LNAV button on the MCP panel (after engaging the F/D and with filed FMC at the PHNL airport) my sim crashes. What's the problem? I have windows 8

P.S I have airac 1311

Hi

The system fidelity of this aircraft is such that you cannot just jump in push the throttles to the bulkhead and fly. You do need to program the aircraft correctly, which means in the most part making sure you have the FMC correctly configured. The early problems I was having on day one with the FMC have gone now that I understand the conventions.

I first thought that I was encountering a bug but knowing flightfactors propensity to model accurately, based on real world data and functions, it was clearly not a  bug.

Let me explain. I will use the flight of EGFF to EGCC to explain. This is a simple route BCN N864 MONTY, lets assume the winds are from the west so it will be BCN1A DEP from rwy 30 and a MIRSI1A STAR to rwy 23 at EGCC.

When one first puts the DEp and Dest airport into the FMC EGFF EGCC with rwy it will put in the first part of your route EGFF 30, trying to build the route from there on causes problems .

so looking at the FMC route page it will look something like this

EGFF                          30

BCN

N864                          MONTY

MIRSI1A                   

This loks all wrong but you will be able to activate it and on departure your aircraft will just do left hand orbits over EGFF. Not satisfying at all. So the solution is quite simple and that is when you have entered your DEP and DEST and you go to enter your route make sure you CLR  that  top line EGFF            30.

Your route should look like

BCN

N864                 MONTY

Then enter the SID And STAR and everything will link up correctly, you will have a discontinuity and the end of your flightplan which is correct and would happen in the real world which you need to clr. Simple.

As I say the B757 form Flight Factor is a brilliant aircraft and as yet I have not fallen out of the skies with it. All my flights are conducted online in VATSIM at 64 bit with Xsquawkbox64bit and I have no issues whatsoever. To be honest it doesn't get much better than this, and if you haven't bought it yet all I can say is why not.

Wycliffe

p.s if you want to enhance your learning and fill out the experience then get Mike Rays Excellent Boeing 700 Series of Books from www.utem.com The 737 book of his was the book that finally made me understand FMC's and how they work, he has a unique writing style plus his books are humorous and filled with some outstanding illustrations.

The B757 is a bit more deeper than the B777, If you are struggling with the bigger Boeing you will find it slightly harder with the B757...  However the checklist system on the B757 is very good, If you learn through that then you could then go back to B777 with the same information...  You don't say in what area you are having problems?im havi

im having problems with the tutorial that comes with the 777. when I turn the tutorial on it does everything it is supposed to do until they turn the apu on, then it says overspeed were all the warning texts are. I do not know how to turn the warning off and it does not let me use the autopilot. the heading says 999 and all the other autopilot instroments say that as well. but might also be me because im only 13 and dont know what im doing. but I really want to know what is going on. can you help?

lucas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest john o'leary

stephen

2 questions (which i couldn't spot a comment about)

• does the 757 have custom commands & which are "mapped / included" to a plugin for key / button assignment
  • does the 757 have take off / approach / gwps callouts

thanks

stephen

2 questions (which i couldn't spot a comment about)

• does the 757 have custom commands & which are "mapped / included" to a plugin for key / button assignment
  • does the 757 have take off / approach / gwps callouts

thanks

I checked it out on this one John... For the custom commands directly from the B757. the answer is no...  but you can do the X-Plane versions key/button assignments. I have all the main items set on my joysticks and throttles like, thrust reversers and airbrakes, nose wheel steer, flaps and brakes and they all work fine or me.

Yes the B757 does have callouts but only on landings, 1000, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100 then 50 to 10 and minimums. SD

Guest vadriver

thanks stephen !!

i'll be thinking long before investing in this ... you start to wonder how "capable" is the FMC etc. - user fixes and the like.

it's difficult to guess / understand the extent of custom commands & what may / may not be assignable without (for me) expecting to delvie into the dark science of pythons, datarefs, xjoymap etc ... which seems in most xplane aircraft a necessary skill to have

& it's disappointing there is no "pre-purchase" guide / manual on the finer detail available ....

cheers from 2257.

• 8 months later...
Guest cptpasturini

I checked it out on this one John... For the custom commands directly from the B757. the answer is no...  but you can do the X-Plane versions key/button assignments. I have all the main items set on my joysticks and throttles like, thrust reversers and airbrakes, nose wheel steer, flaps and brakes and they all work fine or me.

Yes the B757 does have callouts but only on landings, 1000, 500, 400, 300, 200, 100 then 50 to 10 and minimums. SD

Hello Stephen,

i just purchased the B757 and i can t select either with the mouse or the keyboard any of the following

Flap Lever

Throttle

Speedbrakes

Any suggestions ?

Thank You

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I haven't completed one flight without a system crash

This is always the error 

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: FlightFactor 757 Avionics}==--

I haven't completed one flight without a system crash

This is always the error 

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: FlightFactor 757 Avionics}==--

I would reload the aircraft from your account (that is if you use the X-Plane.OrgStore) or were you bought it from? otherwise you don't state what system you use or X-Plane version?

I flew the B757 only a few days ago in Yosemite 10.10.2 and X-Plane version 10.35 and it worked perfectly fine? no issues...  so I don't think your problem is a bad aircraft file? reload to make sure, but I would be looking at plugin conflicts?

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, i have a problem with my 757 and 777. I downloaded the latest version 757 and all the switches don't work but all the buttons work. Does anyone know what the problem is? 777 works ok but the display for the charts doesn't work i can't turn it on. Thx

Hey guys, i have a problem with my 757 and 777. I downloaded the latest version 757 and all the switches don't work but all the buttons work. Does anyone know what the problem is? 777 works ok but the display for the charts doesn't work i can't turn it on. Thx

And those FF versions are? Which X-Plane version are you running?

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Guest Kuba said:

Hi,

Is this air plane will work with X-Plane on Steam platform under linux ?

Don't see why not? X-Plane is WIN/MAC/LINUX compatible and Linux Ubuntu 14.04LTS or compatible (older versions are not supported) is the requirement.