News! - Aircraft Update : Airbus A330-200 v3 by JARDesign

A332 v3_Main Header.jpg

News! - Aircraft Update : Airbus A330-200 v3 by JARDesign

The Airbus A330-200 by JARDesign has been upgraded to version v3.0. The main focus of this update is the transition of the aircraft's coding from the SASL plugin to C++ (instead combined of SASL & basic X-Plane FMS). This has changed the dynamics of mainly the FMGS or Flight Management and Guidance Computer but also removed the menu system that was located on the left of your screen.

A332 v3_Head 1.jpgA332 v3_Head 2.jpgA332 v3_Head 3.jpgA332 v3_Head 4.jpg

So all the menu elements are now located within the MCDU Airbus (Mulitpurpose Control & Display Unit). This includes the Load & Trim Sheet, Doors, Ground Handling, Push Back and Sound Volume. The settings were on the MCDU before.

A332 v3_Menu 1.jpgA332 v3_Menu 2.jpg

The ground handling can be used with the Ground Handling Deluxe (GHD) plugin, because they are basically the same thing. But there are not as many items on the aircraft as there are on the plugin version, and you can't select your liveries either? (You must also use the latest GHD version v.040118

as the earlier GHD versions conflict with the aircraft v3 version)

A332 v3_Menu 3.jpgA332 v3_Menu 4.jpg

The move to ++C also means you also have to have installed the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010" http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download … x?id=14632 for the aircraft to work, but most of should already have all the C++ Redistributable already installed.

Full v3 Feature list is:

+ compatible with GHDeluxe v.040118
+ new MCDU MENU functions (you can operate with Ground Handling, Doors, Loading, Tow)
+ operate settings via MCDU MENU
+ separate Ground Handling operation (MCDU MENU -> Handling, next - select neeeded cars and click Drive Up)
+ MCDU movable widget (click on 3D MCDU or use Command jd/fmgs/CommandShowMcdu)
+ ND non-movable widget (click on ND)
+ Save coRoute flightplan using MCDU DATA -> Click right Arrow -> Pilots ROUTES, enter name and click SAVE
+ takeoff with heading preset
+ ND && MCDU indication and functions reworked
+ follow Speed Constraints
+ add instant flightplan generator

Cockpit still a very nice place to fly and is mostly unchanged...

A332 v3_Cockpit 1.jpgA332 v3_Cockpit 2.jpgA332 v3_Cockpit 3.jpgA332 v3_Cockpit 4.jpg

...   as are the extensive cabins.

A332 v3_Cabin 1.jpgA332 v3_Cabin 2.jpg

This v3.0 update is free if you have purchased the JD330 for X-Plane 11 version, just go to your X-Plane-Store and to your account.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

X-Plane Store logo sm.jpg

The Airbus A330-243 v3.0 by JARDesign is now available from the X-Plane.Org Store here :

Airbus A330-243 

and is priced at only US$60.95

This update is free if you have purchased the JD330 for X-Plane 11 version, just go to your X-Plane-Store and to your account.

Requirements are:

X-Plane 11 or X-Plane 10
Windows or Mac (10.9+)  - 64bit Operating System (Linux not supported)
CPU: 2,4Ghz Multi-core. 
Memory: 8 GB RAM. Video Card: 2Gb VRAM. 
high-precision joystick, rudder pedals, throttle controller (separate throttle controllers not support now).  For best performance, you need a 3Gb Video Card.

News by Stephen Dutton

3rd March  2018

Copyright©2018: X-Plane Reviews

Logo Header X-PlaneReviews 200px.jpg

• 2 years later...

hello stephen, great review as always!

sorry if I'm being to buggy/annoying with my questions!

anyways, i'm looking to buy this plane, but as i said before, my vram is only 1536MB.

will this run? i can run the rwdesigns a330, even thought that ALSO says it needs 2gb. i have my settings all at minimal.

will it run/get 20-30 FPS? plz let me know! thx!

sry if im being too anoying :)

The answer is sadly no...  I checked my VRAM numbers and the A330v3 came in at 4135mb, and as you can see I'm not greedy in my settings, scenery load was light...  overall now really for any aircraft you require a 4K card, you are never now going to survive on 1536mb with aircraft and significant systems, sorry that is the reality. SD

a330 - VRAM.jpg

well then guess i'll stick to the rwdesign one, and get the 777 extended/a350, they seem to work with other people with the same vram, could that possibly work with the least settings (minimal)? plz answer and thx!

ps im not good with computers so this question might sound dumb to you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Fabio, sorry no there is not...  the JARDesign A330 is the only one worth flying. There is a RWDesigns Airbus 330-300, with a review here; Aircraft Review - Airbus A330-300 v2 by RW Designs but this is a 2015 design and it does not have failures either. for it's time it was pretty good, there is a A340 coming this year from ToLiSS and that will have a full failure system.

• Stephen changed the title to News! - Aircraft Update : Airbus A330-200 v3 by JARDesign