News! - Aircraft Release! - PA-28-161 Piper Warrior ll by JustFlight/Thranda

News! - Aircraft Release! - PA-28-161 Piper Warrior ll by JustFlight/Thranda

JustFlight and Thranda have released their fourth aircraft based on the PA-28 Cherokee. This is the PA-28-161 Piper Warrior ll after the other PA-28's of the Arrow lll, the Turbo Arrow lll and the Turbo Arrow lV.

The difference? The Warrior ll was the 160 hp (119 kW) Cherokee with the tapered wing and was first certified on 2nd November 1976. The aircraft is just slightly heavier and has the PA28-160 Cherokee's fixed landing gear. Internally you would be hard pressed to tell the difference between the Warrior and the Arrow except for the "Century 21" Autopilot, which is a simple roll-axis only (heading) style instrument.

JF_PA28_Warrior ll_Head 1.jpgJF_PA28_Warrior ll_Head 2.jpg

JF_PA28_Warrior ll_Head 3.jpgJF_PA28_Warrior ll_Head 4.jpg

The Warrior feels and flies like a more simpler aircraft than the Arrow, and that is why it is very popular with Flying Schools, uncomplicated and easy to fly and that sum's up very well this very latest aircraft from JustFlight and Thranda.

JF_PA28_Warrior ll_Cockpit 1.jpgJF_PA28_Warrior ll_Cockpit 2.jpg

JF_PA28_Warrior ll_Cabin 3.jpgJF_PA28_Warrior ll_Cabin 4.jpg

Cabin is the same as the Arrow lll in being all red, in really red.

JF_PA28_Warrior ll_Cabin 1.jpgJF_PA28_Warrior ll_Cabin 2.jpg

Features include:

Model
  • Accurately modeled PA-28-161 Warrior II, built using real-world aircraft plans
  • Numerous animations, including multi-animation passenger door that, when open, responds to G-forces and air resistance, baggage door, cockpit window, sun visors and oil cover
  • Ground equipment including chocks and tie-downs
  • 4096 x 4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
  • PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
  • Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft features
Cockpit
  • A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
  • Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
  • Interactive engine start checklist that responds to user inputs and sim variables
  • Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
  • Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between 'cold & dark' or 'ready for take-off' (if aircraft is stationary on the ground)
  • Fully functional and comprehensive IFR-capable avionics fit including:
    •  KMA 20 audio selector unit
    •  Fully Featured X-Plane-native GNS530 (supports procedures out of the box, and supports Navigraph and Aerosoft custom nav databases)
    •  KX 175B COM 2 / NAV 2 radio
    •  KN 62 DME unit which can display information from NAV 1 or NAV 2
    •  Century 21 autopilot with lateral hold modes (HDG, NAV, APR, REV) – hidden autopilot altitude hold system included for convenience
    •  KT 76A transponder unit
    •  KR 85 ADF unit
    •  Support for RealityXP GTN750 (sold separately, Windows only)

Ground elements include Static chocks, tiedowns and great animated main cabin door and baggage door.

JF_PA28_Warrior ll_Ground 1.jpgJF_PA28_Warrior ll_Ground 2.jpg

Aircraft systems Included:
  • Custom-coded fuel system, including the option of automatic fuel tank switching for use on those long distance cross-country flights (this option is remembered for future flights)
  • Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers, avionics power circuit and emergency bus controls. Circuit breaker logic is linked to X-Plane's internal failure logic, so if the plane is set to fail a certain electrical component after a certain number of hours, the circuit breaker for that element will pop out.
  • Realistic landing gear with slow/fast tyre rotation animation (blurry when rotating fast), precise shock absorber animation and wheel chocks and tie-downs
  • Functioning carburettor and primer controls
  • Dedicated interactive engine pop-up window displaying values such as fuel tank weights and imbalance, fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temperature, battery charge (with quick charge option), and information about spark plug fouling and vapour lock condition
  • Simulated vapour lock condition, with warning pop-up and suggested actions
  • Simulated spark plug fouling condition, with indication of percentage of fouling
  • Lighting system includes separate lighting control for gauges (via rheostat) and realistic implementation of navigation light / radio light rheostat
  • Functional electric trim control on yoke (requires electric trim button to be pushed)
  • Simulated fan and vent system with realistic blower sounds (linked to circuit breaker logic and electrical system for realism)
  • Custom external light logic with custom strobe light pattern and custom light halos for added realism

Liveries include both open and closed wheels with: A blank White and C-FOEC (Canada), G-BOZI (UK), G-SIXT (UK), VH-BVM (Australia) - F-GEDO (France)*, G-OPTI (UK)*, D-EIIT (Germany)*, N8289A (USA)* (The liveries marked with an asterisk (*) include fairings over the wheels.)

A paintkit is included as well.

JF_PA28_Warrior ll_Livery blank.jpg

JF_PA28_Warrior ll_Livery C-FOEC.jpgJF_PA28_Warrior ll_Livery G-BOZI.jpg

JF_PA28_Warrior ll_Livery BEA.jpgJF_PA28_Warrior ll_Livery VH-BVM.jpg

JF_PA28_Warrior ll_Livery F-GEDO W.jpgJF_PA28_Warrior ll_Livery D-EIIT W.jpg

JF_PA28_Warrior ll_Livery G-OPTI W.jpgJF_PA28_Warrior ll_Livery N8289A W.jpg

Requirements:

X-Plane 11+
Windows, Mac or Linux
4GB+ VRAM (GeForce GTX 1070 or better or similar from AMD)
Windows 10 / 7 / Vista / XP, MAC OS 10.10 (or higher) or Linux
Current version: 1.0 (Jan 26th 2018)
PS: Owners of the Arrow III or Arrow Turbo by JustFlight can purchase this new Warrior II with a $9 discount ( $32.99). Find your coupon code under your Arrow invoice at the store (doesn't apply to Arrows from other designers)

JF_PA28_Warrior ll_Head 5 LG.jpg

X-Plane Store logo sm.jpg

Yes! the Piper Warrior ll by Just Flight - Thranda is NOW available from the X-Plane.Org Store here :

PA-28-161 Warrior lll

Price is US$41.99

Note the above deal for owners of the Arrow III or Arrow Turbo by JustFlight can purchase this new Warrior II with a $9 discount ( $32.99).

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Review by Stephen Dutton
27th  January 2018
Copyright©2018: X-PlaneReviews

(Disclaimer. All images and text in this review are the work and property of X-PlaneReviews, no sharing or copy of the content is allowed without consent from the author as per copyright conditions)

Logo Header X-PlaneReviews 200px.jpg

• 2 months later...

Bonjour,

j'ai acheter ce piper pa28-161 de chez Just flight je l'ai ajouter a mon x plane 11 aussi le fichier SASL3_Tbient dans le plugin de x plane j'ai activé l'avion mais quand je souhaite configurer l'avion je n'ai pas la molette de menu pour mettre le son changer de livré et autre comment cela ce fait il?

vous pouvez m'aider?

Merci.

(translation) "I buy this piper pa28-161 from Just Flight I add it to my x plane 11 also the file SASL3_Tbient in the plugin x plane
 I activated the plane but when I want to configure the plane I n I do not have the menu wheel to change the sound of delivered and other how it does it?

you can help me?"

If I am correct by the translation, you moved the "SASL3_Tbient" folder to the X-Plane Plugin folder?...  why did you do that? 
It is required in the main aircraft folder in that plugin folder? 
I would recommend a full new install...  the key authorisation should be still valid SD

(translation) "I did exactly as you told me but the plane does not activate."

The authorisation key should come with the aircraft? That image shows the aircraft is not authorised?

If no authorisation window opens on loading then it is not installed correctly? and you do have to be connected live to the internet to authorise the aircraft?

If not then go back to the store and recheck the download.

I understand your frustration, but your installation is not correct? You unzip the aircraft and put in your general aviation folder (do not take anything out of the "JF_PA28_Warrior_ll_v1.5.2" folder)...  then when you start up X-Plane11 you then do the authorisation and that should be it?

I will make another note? Are you on Windows? if so you may not have the required Visual C++ Redistributables installed in your application folder (found under Programs and Features) there are a few of them and you need them all for X-Plane?

Visual C++ Redistributable.jpg

You get them here : https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Check that?  Stephen

The "SASL3_Tbient" HAS to be in the aircraft's Folder, Plugins folder? I can't read a .DIB file either (that is an After Effects File?)  there is something wrong if you are moving the "SASL3_Tbient" out of the aircraft folder?  and that is why it is always messing it up?  It is not this hard to activate the aircraft? I need to see your file structure (not a dib file please) of your  JF_PA28_Warrior_ll_v1.5.2" folder and the plugin folder open? Stephen

No I can't take control...  I am as confused as you are? why are you still moving the "SASL3_Tbient"? like I noted the "SASL3_Tbient" HAS to be in the (Warrior) aircraft's Folder, Plugins folder?  not the main X-Plane11 resources/plugins folder?  that activation is correct on the image, just press "activate!" to activate the aircraft or register it, but you have to be connected to the internet to do that...  if it is activated it will then ask you to reload the aircraft... it is best to restart X-Plane from the desktop to make sure it loads correctly...  then it should be fine.

There is something wrong with your install Wilfrid? I would need a snapshot of your aircraft folder with the (Warrior) aircraft's Folder open or it should look like this..

JF Warrior.jpg

The Plugins folder shows the "SASL3_Tbient" inside. note the address header line and it is correct...

If not then you would need to redownload the aircraft folder...  Stephen

(translation) My plane is currently active, but I do not have an engine or an airplane configuration arrow.

Well it is configured correctly? The only reason the SASL won't work is a missing is a Visual C++ Redistributable as the plugin uses that C++ you are using an older computer system, I'm not familiar with windows, but check if your older system needs a different C++ file, if not you may have to go directly to the developer, but remember to provide the X-Plane "log.TXT", in fact post your log txt here so I can look at it...  it shouldn't be this hard to set up the aircraft? Stephen