NEWS! - Aircraft Released : Diamond DA40NG by SimSolutions

NEWS! - Aircraft Released : Diamond DA40NG by SimSolutions

NEWS_ - SimSolutions DA40NG News Header.jpg

We have had several versions of Diamond Aircraft in the X-Plane Simulator, with the Diamond DA62 from Aerobask (with also their earlier   Aerobask DA-42 ), but not the DA40. This aircraft from SimSolutions is the Diamond DA40NG.

The DA40NG was offered only in selected markets only, and is powered by an Austro Engine AE 300 165.6 hp (123.5 kW) running on JET A-1 fuel. The aircraft was  EASA certified April 2010. By December 2020, 500 NG models had been produced, and is noticeable by the deep nose cowling around the larger engine.

Being a NG (New Generation) it has the G1000 (laminar based) twin-display avionics system, and the aircraft is a four seater. Feature list is as follows. Notable (and oddly the aircraft is currently and WINDOWS only?)

Features
  • Fully modeled exterior
  • 4K PBR Textures
  • Fully modeled 3D cockpit
  • 3D cockpit modeled using AFM diagrams
  • Opening of doors (Canopy and Passenger)
  • Laminar G1000 Integration with custom EIS
  • Custom FMOD Sounds by FTSim+
  • AviTab integration
  • Guide on how to use aircraft (.pdf)
Plugin
  • Toggleable Tie Downs, Inlet Covers, Chocks
  • Custom EIS system
  • Toggleable Tablet
Liveries
  • Default (White)
  • D-ENGJ
  • N712LA
  • N913DA
  • OE-DWS
  • OE-DAF
  • OE-UDI

Untitled-7.jpgUntitled-2.jpgUntitled-5(1).jpgUntitled-10(1).jpgUntitled-8.jpg

Untitled-3.jpgUntitled-2.pngUntitled-6(1).jpgUntitled-1.jpgUntitled-8(1).jpgUntitled-7(1).jpgUntitled-1(1).jpgUntitled-4.jpg

Untitled-6.jpgUntitled-5.jpgUntitled-9(1).jpgUntitled-13.jpgUntitled-12.jpgUntitled-4(1).jpgUntitled-3(1).jpgUntitled-11.jpgUntitled-10.jpgUntitled-9.jpg

Highlights include "Custom" FMOD Sounds by FTSim+ and AviTab integration (AviTab Plugin required).

Images are courtesy of SimSolutions

X-Plane Store logo sm.jpg

The Diamond DA40NG by SimSolutions is now available from the X-Plane.OrgStore!... Here:

Diamond DA40NG

Price is US$24.99

Requirements

X-Plane 11

Windows Only
4 GB+ VRAM
Download Size: 355 MB
Current version: 1.0.1a (November 21st 2021)

News by Stephen Dutton

22nd November 2021

Copyright©2021: X-Plane Reviews

Disclaimer. All images and text in this review are the work and property of X-PlaneReviews, no sharing or copy of the content is allowed without consent from the author as per copyright conditions) All Right Reserved.

Logo Header X-PlaneReviews 200px.jpg

• Stephen changed the title to NEWS! - Aircraft Released : Diamond DA40NG by SimSolutions
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I am using a home build generic flight simulator with external cockpit panel, three wide screens, powered by to neworking computers. As a student pilot I started my training on a Diamond DA40-180 in my real life and use the DA40 by Alabeo, in details adapted to match the flight dynamics and handling. Now I changed my training plane to a DA40Tdi with steam gauge panel. Consequently I added the DA40NG by SimSolutions and I am facing these problems:

1) fuel transfer switch not assigned to get connected to an external switch

2) most switches of the Sitexs Switch Panel are not assigned to the plane, Sitexs switch panel is useless, why ??

3) Aerodynamics:
a) instability at speeds between 75 and 65 kt at flaps T/O on takeoff

b) plane is far too noes heavy, I know, in reality the DA40Tdi is more nose heavy than the DA40-180, but it simulates far too much

c) lateral view angle on the side view too narrow in comparison to the DA40 of Alabeo

d) at landing with correct configuration (full flaps, 65kt, engine load 50%) it is almost impossible to rise nose for flaring in

Since I don´t have any e-mail address of SimSolutions I hope, that someone related can read this and forward it to the design studio