Jump to content
Stephen

News! - 10.50 goes Final! by Laminar Research

Recommended Posts

News! - 10.50 goes Final! by Laminar Research

 

X-Plane's latest version has gone final in v10.50. The X-Plane application will now prompt you to auto-update the next time you run to run the installer. Steam users for 10.50 should get the update in a day or so.

 

The full 10.50  release notes are here, and X-PlaneReviews did a full summary of what is included in the new version here:


X-Plane Version 10.50: What is new

 

No doubt that it has been a busy place at the Laminar Research over the last few months but that is going to be nothing compared to a complete new X-Plane version coming soon later in the year. But for now, X-Plane 10.50 is good and final...

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

Stephen Dutton

9th September 2016

Copyright©X-Plane Reviews: X-PlaneReviews 2016

 

Logo Header X-PlaneReviews 200px.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stephen, will this new release work as well on modestly powered systems as 10.45 did?  Asked a different way, does it require more CPU oomph and a more robust video processor than its predecessor?  I will upgrade to a capable PC, but for now I run X-Plane well enough on my MacBook Pro with all the extras turned way down.

 

Thanks,

 

Kevin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Rivegauche610 said:

Stephen, will this new release work as well on modestly powered systems as 10.45 did?  Asked a different way, does it require more CPU oomph and a more robust video processor than its predecessor?  I will upgrade to a capable PC, but for now I run X-Plane well enough on my MacBook Pro with all the extras turned way down.

 

Thanks,

 

Kevin

 

Yeah I don't see why not as v10.50 doesn't have anything in there that could hurt framerate, if anything the simulator should be slightly better as there is a fair bit of refinement, clouds are certainly improved but don't expect miracles...  SD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I was premature in upgrading, as were others, it seems.  The program now stops on the Quick Start page and when I go to click on an airplane the line above is selected. And then nothing else works - clicking on "Get Flying" or whatever it is called does nothing.  Not happy.  I have asked in several forums for a reversion to 10.45.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rivegauche610 said:

Well, I was premature in upgrading, as were others, it seems.  The program now stops on the Quick Start page and when I go to click on an airplane the line above is selected. And then nothing else works - clicking on "Get Flying" or whatever it is called does nothing.  Not happy.  I have asked in several forums for a reversion to 10.45.

 

Okay first pull your preferences in the "Output" folder. It means that you will have to rebuild your settings from scratch  but it will clean out the 10.45 settings, or you can rebuild the X-Plane app as I noted here: Post beta heaven

 

Older poor running computers do this, they need very, very fine tuning to perform correctly and the only way to that is to rebuild the preferences to the new settings.

 

A good tip is that if you get a smooth running computer then make a save/copy of those current preferences and keep them safe, then if it goes bad you can then just copy the best working preferences back in to get back to the same correct working level.

 

10.50 is more efficient than 10.45, so it should run better...  so no don't go backwards.  SD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rivegauche610 said:

I was able to rebuild my 10.45 successfully following your instructions in "post beta heaven"!  I copied the successful install to an external drive so when I upgrade I have a backup.  Thank you again.

 

Well that is good news, I still think if you still upgrade to 10.50, then the preferences are the only problem to restart, so pulling them and restarting will create a new set of 10.50 prefs and a clean start to the app. SD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Wings999

Hi Stephen. Thanks for your reviews and blogs. I am really enjoying them. A question on your early statement.. "Okay first pull your preferences in the "Output" folder." Do you mean to delete the Preferences folder entirely or just its contents and leave the folder empty? Secondly do you recommend to do this prior to upgrading to 10.50 or after you have done the download?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Guest Wings999 said:

Hi Stephen. Thanks for your reviews and blogs. I am really enjoying them. A question on your early statement.. "Okay first pull your preferences in the "Output" folder." Do you mean to delete the Preferences folder entirely or just its contents and leave the folder empty? Secondly do you recommend to do this prior to upgrading to 10.50 or after you have done the download?

 

Yes you pull out the full preferences folder and X-Plane will rebuild them from the ground up, but that means you have to reset everything to your usual preferences like with the render settings menu. load 10.50 and run, even if it crashes then pull the preferences and then rebuild X-Plane. A trick I use is to save in the old preferences files is the "X-Plane Keys.prf" and the "X-Plane Screen Res.prf" and when you have run X-Plane and set it up with the new preferences you can over write the new ones with those two older files and you will get back your keyboard settings and monitor settings as they were. As I have a lot of set keyboard settings it saves having to redo them all again...  SD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...