News! - Aircraft Update : Airbus A350 v1.6.16 by FlightFactor

News! - Aircraft Update : Airbus A350 v1.6.16 by FlightFactor

FF A350_v1.6.16 header.jpg

There has been a really interesting updated by FlightFactor with their Airbus A350. Neglected for many years, lately the FF A350 has had a flurry of updates and all have been quite significant. The main restart update was the v1.6 update in July 2020, But there has been a few updates since then, and now another one. One thing to note is that the update is a particularly large at 1026Mb, and 1100 files, and far too many file changes for the noted changed items in the changelog?

This update is focused on the PFD (Primary Flight Display) and ND (Navigation Display), which delivers better graphics and information via these vital screens. This is done by a new adaptation to the new high-fps ToLiss routines for better and quicker drawing. It may not sound or look much to the eye, but the significant update will make the aircraft respond better. 

Another important change is the Improvements to the drag model, engine climb performance and fuel burn. Now I had issues with my fuel burn numbers that I believed they were not correct at the time of the v1.6 release. As the aircraft's fuel burn was far higher than the numbers created by SimBrief for the route selected, to the point I had to land several times early in being out of fuel... I contested the numbers at that time but was told they were correct? I believed and still do, that they were not, however now the drag model, engine climb performance and fuel burn has been revised? I will be certainly testing that change.

Another point was that I also had mysterious crashes (to desktop CTD). Landing at Malpensa (LIMC) if I took the taxiway E the aircraft would simply freeze and the framerate would go to zero, another change noted is Removed async objects loading in an attempt to fix some rare mysterious crashes , I will check that one out as well. There have also been Improvements to the management of DIRECT TO RADIAL IN and RADIAL OUT functions as well, so that will also be interesting. The full changelog is below...

Changelog v1.6.16

• Adaptation to the new high-fps ToLiss routines for PFD and ND drawing
  • Addition of the SOFT GA mode when retarding thrust levers to MCT immediately after initiating GA
  • Improvements to the management of DIRECT TO RADIAL IN and RADIAL OUT functions 
  • Improvements to the drag model, engine climb performance and fuel burn. 
  • Removed async objects loading in an attempt to fix some rare mysterious crashes 
  • Fixed a few NML textures - Fixed the TCA park brake command 
  • Fixed an issue that allowed entering a BARO and RADIO minimum simultaneously in the MFD

Not noted is the change to custom liveries? The folders are now all empty? but to note that during the update the wing files were changed? Checking I found no differences with the older livery textures?

A350_v160_Head 1.jpgA350_v160_Head 2.jpgA350_v160_Head 3.jpgA350_v160_Head 4.jpgA350_v160_Head 5.jpg

A350_v160_Cockpit 2.jpgA350_v160_Cockpit 4.jpg

A350_v160_Cockpit 9.jpg

You can use the built in X-Updater to update to v1.1.16... now.

X-Plane Store logo sm.jpg

The Airbus A350-900 XWB Advanced v1.6.16 from FlightFactor is Available from the  X-Plane.Org Store:

Airbus A350 XWB Advanced
Price is currently US$ 64.95

Requirements:

X-Plane 11

Windows, Mac or Linux
4 GB VRAM Minimum - 8 GB+ VRAM Recommended
Download Size: 850 MB
Current : 1.6.16 (March 5th 2021 - Available via the updater)

News by Stephen Dutton

6th March 2021

Copyright©2021 : X-Plane Reviews

(Disclaimer. All images and text in this review are the work and property of X-PlaneReviews, no sharing or copy of the content is allowed without consent from the author as per copyright conditions) All rights reserved.

Logo Header X-PlaneReviews 200px.jpg