Aircraft Update : Boeing 777 Worldliner Pro/Extended v1.8 by FlightFactor/VMax

Stephen

777-series-head-1-8_700px.jpg

Aircraft Update : Boeing 777 Worldliner Pro/Extended v1.8 by FlightFactor/VMax

FlightFactor/VMax have updated their excellent Boeing 777 Series Pro and Extended versions to v1.8. This update is basically revolves around the cockpit and not many changes to the flight or external sections of the aircraft.

777_Heading 1.jpg777_Heading 2.jpg777_Heading 3.jpg777_Heading 4.jpg

This aircraft is quite mature now (as I have noted in other updates) but the odd tweak now and again does not hurt the design. There was a lot of discussion around the cockpit textures since the release of the aircraft, most notable was that they were average or poor. Personally I couldn't see the argument to the point of how notably the textures of being that bad, not perfect I admit as were the gaping holes in the windshield. Even a 3rd party redid the whole lot of textures to which again I couldn't see the really big significant difference? and it was worse on your framerate. But everyone was happy, and what we need in X-Plane is happiness.

777_Cockpit 1.jpg777_Cockpit 2.jpg777_Cockpit 3.jpg777_Cockpit 4.jpg

777_Cockpit 5.jpg777_Cockpit 6.jpg777_Cockpit 7.jpg777_Cockpit 8.jpg

So FlightFactor/VMax has redone the cockpit textures and cleaned up a lot of the knobs and switchgear and the right hand side MFD can now be used. At first it doesn't look much different (because it is so familiar) but after a short period of flying the aircraft you do notice how much more sharper and cleaner everything is, notice the active lighting on the buttons and you can see how much more realistic they are, and some areas are based on the textures used by the 3rd party (pumper) that was significant in the redefining of the cockpit textures. The side (autopilot) eyebrow/glareshield form is much more better as well, and finally you can't finally see the outside scenery through the main instrument panel (top under the glareshield) so your eyes are picking off the changes all over the place and overall it looks far better. There has been far more changes here than meets the eyes, but most will be overlooked as we are very used to most of it.

777_Cockpit night 1.jpg777_Cockpit night 2.jpg777_Cockpit night 3.jpg777_Cockpit night 4.jpg

777_Cockpit night 5.jpg777_Cockpit night 2.jpg777_Cockpit night 3.jpg777_Cockpit night 4.jpg

777_Cockpit night 6.jpg777_Cockpit night 8.jpg

The older night textures looked like this...

777_Cockpit night old 3.jpg777_Cockpit night old 2.jpg777_Cockpit night old 1.jpg777_Cockpit night old 4.jpg

They have gone from a yellowish glow to a greenish glow, but the newer upper images version does look more restrained and more natural. Spot light lighting is also improved as you can see behind the pilot's chairs, these lights are well up and behind and buried in the rear of the cockpit. Side airport map panel looks better as well for quality and readability. There is now also new mouse wheel support (Microsoft C++ redistributable 2013 is required for this to work) for Windows users.

Another change is that now you click the actual speedbrake lever and not the area by the side of the lever. For me this is welcome because you actually had to move you point of view to arm the speedbrakes, a small thing but nice...

I also found you can now see the Co (company) route to load it into the FMC system. That will save you having to go to the aircraft file and delving through the plugins folders to remember what route "Co" name you saved it under, a nice time saver.

777_Landing 1.jpg777_Landing 2.jpg777_Landing 3.jpg777_Landing 4.jpg

777_Landing 5.jpg777_Landing 6.jpg777_Landing 7.jpg777_Landing 8.jpg

777_Landing 9.jpg777_Landing 10.jpg777_Landing 11.jpg777_Landing 12.jpg

There is no doubt the Boeing 777 philosophy in this being a great aircraft for simulation in X-Plane. FlightFactor/VMax have been very good in the updates and keeping the aircraft as one of the best for deep simulation and incredible systems that give you a real understanding and feel of what the Boeing 777 is as an aircraft.

I will just re-note the packages in the Boeing 777 Series.

Boeing 777-200 LR - (Boeing Worldliner Professional)

Boeing 777-200 ER - (Extended Pack - With PW4090 engines)

Boeing 777-300 ER - (Extended Pack)

Boeing 777-200 F    - (Extended Pack)

777- 200LR

777_200LR_1.jpg 777_200LR_2.jpg

777_200LR_3.jpg 777_200LR_4.jpg

777-200ER

777-200ER_ 1.jpg 777-200ER_ 2.jpg

777-200ER_ 3.jpg 777-200ER_ 4.jpg

The -200ER is significant because the Pratt&Whitney PW4090 engines are noticeably smaller than those giant GE90-115B turbofans on the -200LR.

PW4090

777-200ER_EG 1.jpg 777-200ER_EG 2.jpg

GE90-115B

777_GE90 1.jpg 777_GE90 2.jpg

777-300ER

777_300_1.jpg 777_300_2.jpg

777_300_3.jpg 777_300_4.jpg

The B777-300ER is a 33ft stretch over the standard Boeing 777. Now one of the most common B777 version with 721 ordered and only 250 aircraft left to be delivered, you will see plenty of these at your major local hub.

777-200F (Cargo)

777-cargo_1.jpg 777-cargo_2.jpg

777-cargo_3.jpg 777-cargo_4.jpg

The excellent 777-200F comes with a huge side loading cargo door, great for all the haulers...

The v1.8 update covers all versions including the Professional and Extended packages.

Summary

No doubt any update is a good update and again this is a good one, the greenish texture colour is debatable but far better than the ghastly yellow hues. Some areas that should have been addressed, like the over animated wingflex and still none opening front doors? and still you have no-accessible second officer separate FMC (input) unlike what you have on the FF B757 and that is surprising considering how long the aircraft has been released.

But this is a great aircraft, extensive systems machine designed to work like the thing with an accurate flight model. It is certainly a classic in X-Plane and one of the top ten in the simulator. Yes get the Boeing 777, in fact get all of the versions in the extended package you will be wanting nothing.

Full changelog:

1.8.0  change log (all X-Plane 10.30+ 64bit)
- added mouse wheel option
- added new panel 3d and textures (based partially on pumper's add-on)
- added right side mirror control and MFD screen manegment
- changed the way the speedbrakes are armed - click on the lever
Note: starting from v1.8.0 FMS version and model version might differ. This is done for the convenience of the customer which does NOT need to update this libraries and redisributables

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The 1.8 update is now available from the X-Plane.Org Store here :

Price is US$59.95 - Boeing 777 Worldliner Professional

Price is US$84.95 - Boeing 777 Worldliner Professional - Extended Pack

- Designed by FlightFactor (Philipp and Ramzzess) and produced by VMAX

The 1.8 update is free to all users that have purchased the Boeing 777 (Pro and Ext) Series. Just go to to your X-Plane.Org Store account and log-in to download.

Features:

Fully Functional FMS - Plan your routes like a real pilot

Custom designed Flight Management Computer, integrated with other plane systems

Custom programmed LNAV logic for terminal procedures

Custom designed Navigation Display

Tterminal procedure database with RNAV approaches and transitions

VNAV managed climbs and descends

Takeoff and approach speed calculation

Custom autopilot modes for autoland

Optimum cruise performance and step climb calculation

True-to-life radio navigation with procedural-, route-, and navigation support auto-tuning

Custom programmed FMC navigation using GPS-, radio- or inertial navigation with individual position errors and management of actual and required navigation performance

Magnetic, true and polar grid course reference

Alternate airports, diversion and arrival management

Ground proximity warning system using real sounds

FMC can be used on external touchscreen or tablet, optimized for the new iPad

Excellent 3D modeling:

Amazing virtual cockpit with crisp details - Dynamic reflections

Custom 3D sounds and Announcements

Add-ons: Push-back truck, Fuel Truck, Passenger bus and Emergency slides ...

On-Screen Menus: Configuration and loading menu, Quick Zoom

new in v1.80: Superb night lighting in cockpit. see cockpit pictures at night

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Developer Site: facebook

Dev Thread : X-Plane.org

Technical Requirements:
Windows XP , Vista, 7 / 8/ 10 (32 or 64 bits) or MAC OS 10.7 (or higher), Linux Ubuntu 14.04LTS or compatible (older versions are not supported)
X-Plane 10.30+. 32 or 64 bit (64bit recommended)
4GB RAM/512 MB VRAM (1GB VRAM Recommended)- 1Gb available hard disk space
Current version : 1.80 (last updated June 23rd 2015)

Update Review By Stephen Dutton

27th June 2014

Copyright©2015: X-Plane Reviews

X Plane reviews logo 200px.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I have been trying to fly the 777 for quiet a while now. But I have not been able to because when ever I take off about 5-10 minutes into the flight all of my electronic systems shut down for no apparent reason. If I go to my Aircraft problems and failures and go to G1000 it says that my Generator battery is low and when I try to set it to always working it will not want to change. I am not sure if this has something to do with the aircraft or something to do with my computer, but can someone please help me fix this.  

Are you getting this issue with the G1000 with other aircraft, my point is that is a global (X-Plane) issue or a B777 issue?, it is odd because the X-Plane default G1000 should not effect the FF B777 plug in?  so something is wrong? Are you up to date with the current 10.35 X-Plane version?  If not you may have to contack flightfactor or try the Dev thread on the X-Plane.ORG...

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?s=f80ae2048e8653a4a78767219bae9c57&showforum=152

I have re-downloaded the Aircraft and have got rid of any other aircrafts in the air field and now it seems to be working fine! but I have another problem, when I am programming the FMC and I have to put in my reserves I put it say like 5 for reserves then when I put the altitude in it said I have inefficient fuel or I can not enter the altitude. Then I also get a FMC message when I try to click on VNAV said "PERF/INIT FMC ERROR" and my VNAV does not work.

I have tried to do another flight and every thing seems to be alright. Thank you very much for all of your help!

That's great, these aircraft have to be installed correctly because of their complexity and or that makes them a bit messy and buggy? A reinstall is always a good idea, It is also a good idea to keep a version that is working correctly in the aircraft folder if you upgrade, that lets you double-check if it is the "aircraft", the "update" or X-Plane itself that is wrong, if the original still works fine you know it is not the aircraft and X-Plane at least. SD :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I was wondering if the aircraft works with online networks like Vatsim? When I try to fly on it, the radios seem not to respond.

I don't fly online in Vatsim, but I can't see why not?  try the X-Plane.Org B777 support forum. SD

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?s=2c841fa5f578a8f5f994f1eabf8535cd&showforum=152

Guest 777-200

I don't fly online in Vatsim, but I can't see why not?  try the X-Plane.Org B777 support forum. SD

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?s=2c841fa5f578a8f5f994f1eabf8535cd&showforum=152

ok thank you, also the VHF L frequency mode on the frequencies do not work. The numbers show up but when i turn the nob they do not change. Is this suppost to happen or is it just a problem?

• 2 weeks later...

"Even a 3rd party redid the whole lot of textures to which again I couldn't see the really big significant difference?"

Sorry but I fail to understand how somebody could interpret Pumper's cockpit as anything else BUT a significant (positive) difference, the old FF 777 cockpit was out of proportion and switches were unrealistically modelled, not to mention a lot of corners were cut like mentioned in the review.

I defiantly agree with the statements as to what SHOULD have been worked on, such as wingflex.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Khusi

Hello, I was getting ready to fly the 777-200 today when I came upon 2 problems. The first problem is i will have a fully fuelled plane with the max fuel and I will set my alt to fl360, my coast index to 5 and my reserves to 2. It will then tell me my flight level is too high, so I lowered it to fl 330, then it told me i did have enough fuel so i raised it and it kept telling me i didnt have enough fuel or the flight level was too high until I tried every flight level and none of them worked. My second problem is when i finish putting in my route the the FMC i get an error message saying I have no route. So i go back and check and there is a route which is active, this problem does not allow me to activate my 'LNAV' which does not let me fly my route so can you please help me with these! Thank you.

Hello, I was getting ready to fly the 777-200 today when I came upon 2 problems. The first problem is i will have a fully fuelled plane with the max fuel and I will set my alt to fl360, my coast index to 5 and my reserves to 2. It will then tell me my flight level is too high, so I lowered it to fl 330, then it told me i did have enough fuel so i raised it and it kept telling me i didnt have enough fuel or the flight level was too high until I tried every flight level and none of them worked. My second problem is when i finish putting in my route the the FMC i get an error message saying I have no route. So i go back and check and there is a route which is active, this problem does not allow me to activate my 'LNAV' which does not let me fly my route so can you please help me with these! Thank you.

You are going to have to learn to step...  You are expecting a fully loaded aircraft on full gross weight to fly to a great height in one go?  Stepping is a slow climb so you burn off weight by using up your fuel over a distance, a start is to fly to 32.000ft then step 1000ft at 300fpm over 500nm...  Did you execute the route? sounds like you didn't.

You are going to have to learn to step...  You are expecting a fully loaded aircraft on full gross weight to fly to a great height in one go?  Stepping is a slow climb so you burn off weight by using up your fuel over a distance, a start is to fly to 32.000ft then step 1000ft at 300fpm over 500nm...  Did you execute the route? sounds like you didn't.

I have tried to do it with different amounts of fuel and different amounts of weight but it is still happening. With the route I have fully excited the route I h have made sure the route has shown up on the monitors of the aircraft. 

Are you using the beta? 10.40b7 or other?  It is affecting the B777 and B757...  SD

I think I am on the newest version of x-plane 10 and I think that there might be a problem with that version. I how would i get back to the correct beta the get the aircraft working?

Run the installer and untick the beta box? and it will return you to version 10.35 stable, 10.40b7 is a total dog, horrible!

It is best to have two X-Plane versions, one for the beta and one stable while betas are running in case this happens...  SD

Guest Boeing

Hello, I was trying to fly a flight today with vatsim. I turned to the first setting in the radio panel which is 'VHF 1' It did not seem to respond. I do think this is the problem of why I can not join any of the vatsim frequencies and i was wondering if this was a problem all together or if it was just me, and how do I fix it?

Hello, I was trying to fly a flight today with vatsim. I turned to the first setting in the radio panel which is 'VHF 1' It did not seem to respond. I do think this is the problem of why I can not join any of the vatsim frequencies and i was wondering if this was a problem all together or if it was just me, and how do I fix it?

I can't help you with this because I don't fly online in VATSIM, sorry...  put the above notice in the X-Plane.Org threads Boeing 777 Support.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am planning to do a flight tomorrow with vatsim. How ever When ever I try to fly the Radio frequencies do not change and that is a big problem with flying online, I was wondering if this is a problem with my aircraft and that my radios are not changing or if it is the whole aircraft in general.

Hello, I am planning to do a flight tomorrow with vatsim. How ever When ever I try to fly the Radio frequencies do not change and that is a big problem with flying online, I was wondering if this is a problem with my aircraft and that my radios are not changing or if it is the whole aircraft in general.

I personally can't see where your problem is?  The radios work fine for me? Just remember you have to activate the Freq by switching them over to the left.

777_v10_2_Radio.thumb.jpg.3382a406bc885e

If it is the ILS/NDB frequencies you are talking about then they are on the FMC under Radio. SD

I personally can't see where your problem is?  The radios work fine for me? Just remember you have to activate the Freq by switching them over to the left.

777_v10_2_Radio.thumb.jpg.3382a406bc885e

If it is the ILS/NDB frequencies you are talking about then they are on the FMC under Radio. SD

Yes, I mean the radios do not change. They will be stuck on for example 122.800 and I can not change them

Guest Creis19

Hi, every time I open the triple 7, a large gray rectangular box appears on top of my plane. Another issue I have is that the landing gear refuse to retract. I would appreciate any advice on how to fix this issue.

Hi, every time I open the triple 7, a large gray rectangular box appears on top of my plane. Another issue I have is that the landing gear refuse to retract. I would appreciate any advice on how to fix this issue.

I don't get either of them? You will need to show an image on the FlightFactor Dev thread.

X-Plane.Org Developer Threads