Aircraft Review : Airbus A330-243 by JARDesign

Stephen

Hi, I was flying the a330 and the dome light was not working. How do I fix this?

The lighting switches are spread all over the cockpit, from the overhead panel to the side position and on the pedestal. you have spots and main light is on the overhead as "Dome". You have to be in HDR to get the lighting working.

post-2-0-73560200-1433377269_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Hi,

I'm looking to by the a330 but I use a mac. Does anyone know if you can get around the crash when you try to change gate by starting up, taxiing to the gate you want, shutting down, and then saving the situation?

Thanks for the help.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Kristian1484

Hello, I re downloaded the a330 and when I was putting in the activation code it told me to wait then it said error can not open aircraft. Can some one please help me with this?

Hello, I re downloaded the a330 and when I was putting in the activation code it told me to wait then it said error can not open aircraft. Can some one please help me with this?

Either the key code is wrong or the key has not been activated?  Go back to where you bought it from and ask them to activate the key. SD

I have put in the key before and it has worked fine it just stopped working now. So should I go ask for another key?

You usually keep the same key, but it has to be reactivated because it is a different aircraft, so yes you need to have it reactivated. It is a simple thing to do. In reality it is just checking you are still the original purchaser of that aircraft. SD

So I bought the A330 and on the website here it said that you can upload the CO RTE into the flight plan page. I dowloaded my flight plan and put it into my flight plan folder but when I put it in the mcdu it said the CO RTE was uploaded correct except my route is only the first way point and none of the others.

DId you try scrolling with the up/down keys on the MCDU? 

Guest Calvin

Hello, I have a few problems that I found flying this aircraft. I have a 21.5  inch Imac desktop which I fly this aircraft on in x-plane 10, and when I was flying the A330-243 the 4 lights in the front shining down onto the screens were not turning on and I could not find a switch or a nob to turn them on. I am not sure if this is because of my computer or am I just missing some thing. The other problem I have with the aircraft is when I am filling out the FMC i will fill out the INIT page then move to the ZFWCG/ZFW page and fill in the ZFW but when I fill in the block line I get a error message saying flight level too high. When I go back into the INIT page and change my flight level, it always comes up with the message even of the flight level is 100 ft. Can someone please help me fix this problem?  

Guest Gianfranco

Hello to all,
but of you it has never happened that after making changes to rendering video, without restart x-plane10, appears this:

aRbSAMG.jpg

yspozKF.jpg

It happens both on land and in flight.

Hello to all,
but of you it has never happened that after making changes to rendering video, without restart x-plane10, appears this:

aRbSAMG.jpg

yspozKF.jpg

It happens both on land and in flight.

Yes I have had that!, I means the aircraft is not registered, It does not matter if you have the correct key, try reloading the aircraft from the download file or ask for a new active key.

Guest Gianfranco

Sì, ho avuto che !, I significa l'aeromobile non è registrato, Non importa se avete la chiave corretta, prova a ricaricare l'aereo dal download di file o chiedere una nuova chiave attiva.

It is very strange because after having bought it from x-plane.org, during installation, a pop-up asked me if I wanted to record it via the internet or manually, I have chosen the internet and then I received the msg registration.

This afternoon I uninstall and reinstall and requiring re-register.

thanks for your answer.

It is very strange because after having bought it from x-plane.org, during installation, a pop-up asked me if I wanted to record it via the internet or manually, I have chosen the internet and then I received the msg registration.

This afternoon I uninstall and reinstall and requiring re-register.

thanks for your answer.

I think it is a bug on the aircraft (JARDesign) not a store issue...  the view you have is to stop anyone copying the files.

Guest Gianfranco

Penso che sia un bug sul velivolo (JARDesign) non è un problema negozio ... la vista che si ha è quella di impedire a chiunque la copia dei file.

I asked about JARDesign .....
This problem occurs when you change the AA in impostazioi rendering. To restore visibility deselecting the appropriate command in the menu Plugins 330.

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo Stephen,

I like to read your revues learning a lot about the models and saving time to go through manuals. I owned the A320neo more than a year ago and I think to know a lot about this model.

Reading your revue I think that this time you really put your foot in it with this your critique. I think that you were too dazzled from the really excellent design. I agree that it is one of the best if not the best designed aircraft model in X-Plane.  But this is only the one side of the story. The other side is telling me another story, a sadly one about the FMC. You wrote "The Airbus A330 uses the excellent Thales and Smiths Aerospace "Topflight" FMS", well the TS FMS might be excellent but the A320neo FMS is to refer to anything other than good or at least adequate. It is simplified to a minimum, it punished you if you made a mistake taking you out of route with no return, it don't allow you to change important managed values and you cannot see the whole speed management on screen.  What remains is primarily set numbers for passenger, weight, fuel and planning the route...(Please have a look at the threads about in X-Plane.org)

As you yourself described, the RWD "hybrid" A330 FMC of the A330  seems to me to be much more sophisticated. To make this point clear it will be very useful if you could evaluate both systems in comparison. This will be more important for us as sim pilots than to get a high quality model design.

Hello Gentlemen

Nice aircraft really.....but the big question is:

After landing and at the gate after apu startup and on line do you know how to shut down the engines???????

Thanx

Hallo Stephen,

I like to read your revues learning a lot about the models and saving time to go through manuals. I owned the A320neo more than a year ago and I think to know a lot about this model.

Reading your revue I think that this time you really put your foot in it with this your critique. I think that you were too dazzled from the really excellent design. I agree that it is one of the best if not the best designed aircraft model in X-Plane.  But this is only the one side of the story. The other side is telling me another story, a sadly one about the FMC. You wrote "The Airbus A330 uses the excellent Thales and Smiths Aerospace "Topflight" FMS", well the TS FMS might be excellent but the A320neo FMS is to refer to anything other than good or at least adequate. It is simplified to a minimum, it punished you if you made a mistake taking you out of route with no return, it don't allow you to change important managed values and you cannot see the whole speed management on screen.  What remains is primarily set numbers for passenger, weight, fuel and planning the route...(Please have a look at the threads about in X-Plane.org)

As you yourself described, the RWD "hybrid" A330 FMC of the A330  seems to me to be much more sophisticated. To make this point clear it will be very useful if you could evaluate both systems in comparison. This will be more important for us as sim pilots than to get a high quality model design.

Well I don't think I put my foot in it....  I noted the JARDesign uses the Thales and Smiths Aerospace "Topflight" FMS" which it does and to use the FMS you have to use the official Airbus Thales and Smiths manual. So I would say that is a pretty close to the actual systems. No FMS is going to reproduce absolutely the full FMS system, we may get there in a few years, but what we have now and certainly on JARDesigns A330/A320 is damn pretty good. The hybrid versions on the RW Designs A330 and Peter's Series of Airbuses are more a compromise but can be like in Peter's case very fine tuned in the performance area as Peter Hager is obsessive about the performance of his aircraft, were as JARDesign performances are just a little off, so it is one to the other...  but I show both in detail of what you have in features and what you don't, but I agree a comparison of all current FMS would be a good idea...  SD

Hello Gentlemen

Nice aircraft really.....but the big question is:

After landing and at the gate after apu startup and on line do you know how to shut down the engines???????

Thanx

The fuel cutoff switches are behind the throttles...  SD

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I was starting up the a330 after the new update (which is very very good) and I tried to change my altitude but instead of having the + and - sign it said push or pull to change. It would not let me change any of the nobs for example speed, heading and altitude, can any one help with this? 

• 6 months later...
Guest Hk Spotter

Hello,

so I just got a new Pc on windows 10. The computer is running x-plane perfect on 80 FPS. How ever when ever I try to open the jardesign a330 on it, while it is loading x-plane says that it stopped working and it crashes. This happens every time I try to open the a330 and it does not do it to any other aircraft, only the a330. I have updated my x-plane and that did not do anything, I tried re-installing it and that did not do anything and I even tried re-installing x-plane on my computer and that did not do anything. Can someone please help me?

2 hours ago, Guest Hk Spotter said:

Hello,

so I just got a new Pc on windows 10. The computer is running x-plane perfect on 80 FPS. How ever when ever I try to open the jardesign a330 on it, while it is loading x-plane says that it stopped working and it crashes. This happens every time I try to open the a330 and it does not do it to any other aircraft, only the a330. I have updated my x-plane and that did not do anything, I tried re-installing it and that did not do anything and I even tried re-installing x-plane on my computer and that did not do anything. Can someone please help me?

Hi HK  Look that is one for JARDesign, you will need to go to the A330 JARDesign support on the X-Plane.Org. You will need your log.txt in the X-Plane main folder, but my guess it sounds like a key activation issue. They will supply a new key if that is the issue. SD

3 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Hi HK  Look that is one for JARDesign, you will need to go to the A330 JARDesign support on the X-Plane.Org. You will need your log.txt in the X-Plane main folder, but my guess it sounds like a key activation issue. They will supply a new key if that is the issue. SD

Well x-plane does not load the plane, it crashes while on the blue loading plane.

45 minutes ago, Guest said:

Well x-plane does not load the plane, it crashes while on the blue loading plane.

Again HK grab your log.tx it will be in there... (save that log.txt or pull it out), take the JD A330 out and see if X-Plane starts up again normally. Go to the support thread with the log txt. Note the log.txt is overwritten everytime you start up X-Plane so you need to save the version with the CTD. SD

• 2 months later...