Aircraft Review : CT206H Turbo Stationair HD Series by Carenado

car_ct206h_header-700px.jpg

Aircraft Review : CT206H Turbo Stationair HD Series by Carenado

Route : EIDW (Dublin) - EICK (Cork) - EINN (Shannon)

The Cessna Model 206 is a high wing, six-seat light aircraft that was introduced as a 1964 model and was built until 1986 as Cessna halted production of its single-engined product line. It was then re-introduced in 1998 and the current version still remains in production in 2014. The aircraft is also known as the "The sport-utility vehicle of the air" as it has a lot of rear space and clam-shell rear doors and is genenally flown for aerial photography, skydiving and other utility purposes. These clam-shell doors are also why in some markets the aircraft can only be registered as a 5 seater as this is due to concerns about passenger egress through the rear clam-shell door with the flaps extended.

The “H” model is generally similar to the previous 1964 original U206 configuration, with a pilot entry door and a rear double clamshell door for access to the middle and back seats. The "H" is marketed under the name "Stationair" or "Stationwagon" of the air.  The turbocharged version (this aircraft from Carenado) the T206H is powered by a Lycoming TSIO-540-AJ1A engine of 310 hp (230 kW) with a gross weight of 3,600 lb (1,633 kg) and turning a McCauley Constant Speed, 3 Blade Metal Propeller.

Performance : Maximum speed: 174 mph (151 knots, 280 km/h) at sea level : Cruise speed: 163 mph (142 knots, 263 km/h) at 6,200 ft (1,890 m) : Stall speed: 63 mph (54 knots, 100 km/h) : Range: 840 mi (730 nmi, 1,352 km) : Service ceiling: 15,700 ft (4,785 m) : Rate of climb: 988 ft/min (5.0 m/s)

Car_CT206H_Head 1.jpg  Car_CT206H_Head 2.jpg

Car_CT206H_Head 3.jpg  Car_CT206H_Head 4.jpg

Our flight today is from Dublin to Shannon in Ireland via Cork. And our aircraft is the CT206H Stationair from Carenado. This is Carenado's first light-single engined aircraft released for X-Plane in a while, as they have been lately concentrating on mostly big twins. Even if the aircraft has been around from the early sixties it is by and large quite modern in this Turbo form.

Car_CT206H_GND 1.jpg  Car_CT206H_GND 2.jpg

Car_CT206H_GND 3.jpg  Car_CT206H_GND 4.jpg

Approaching the aircraft it however a typical Cessna through and through. Detailing is as expected from Carenado absolutely exceptional. Any steps forward in quality are always more harder to distinguished once you get to certain point, as your eyes fool you, but it is in the finer smaller detailing that the gains can be seen. The CT206H is very complete, solid and beautifully detailed.

Car_CT206H_GND 5.jpg  Car_CT206H_GND 6.jpg

Car_CT206H_GND 7.jpg  Car_CT206H_GND 8.jpg

Get in close and the design and perfectionism stands out,. standouts are the ridged trailing edges of the high wings, exceptional panel fit and the riveting along the panels. It is noted that the setting "draw per pixel lighting" can really highlight this wonderful detailing, but it does come with a frame-rate cost because of the Hi-Def textures, so yes you can enjoy the craftmanship if you have enough headroom to do so, but if you don't it can help to turn the "per pixels" off to gain headroom. Still the highlights will keep on coming in the various aerials, great top of the wing fuel tank caps and that lovely McCauley 3-Blade Propeller.

Options

Car_CT206H_Menu 1.jpg  Car_CT206H_Menu 2.jpg

Carendo provides an (0) Options menu on the lower left of your screen. with Transparent Windshield (front), Instrument Reflections, Static Elements, Fairings (wheels), Pilot Door, Baggage Doors 1 and 2 (clam-shell).

These are all excellent for setting up the aircraft on the ground, I couldn't make up my mind if I liked the wheel fairings on or off, In the end I decided to keep them off.

The second menu available is the © or "View" menu that is positioned just above the options menu. This is the standard Carenado views with PoV (Point of view).

Car_CT206H_Menu 3.jpg

Car_CT206H_Menu 4.jpg  Car_CT206H_Menu 5.jpg

To GNS or not to GNS!

This aircraft is the first aircraft from Carenado that is not available for X-Plane9®, Only X-Plane10® from this release forward. It will significantly speed up the release periods between aircraft as now a lot of the time just to cater for X-Plane9 and a dwindling market is seen as a sign of the times for that X-Plane version.  Another feature that comes with the Stationair is that it is also compatible with the 10.30 release of the updated GARMIN GNS GPS equipment. A look inside the cockpit gave me a shock!

Car_CT206H_Old GNS 1.jpg  Car_CT206H_Old GNS 2.jpg

Not the new but two of the older GNS430 versions?  I was disappointed...  gutted, and whatever.

GPS530 acf file.jpg

A note to Carenado and the reply brought me back to my dream world. The GNS350 is available and located in your aircraft folder in a zip. file. (acf for 10.30 beta (GPS530).zip). unzip and you will have a second acf file. But you don't get to choose which aircraft file you want to from when loading up X-Plane. It is either one or the other version. In every case the acf flie has to be noted as "Car_CT206H.acf". So your option if you want both aircraft is to duplicate the Stationair and make one for the GNS530 and another one for the two older GNS430's.

Car_CT206H_GNS 1.jpg  Car_CT206H_GNS 2.jpg

Car_CT206H_GNS 3.jpg  Car_CT206H_GNS 4.jpg

In reality there is really no question of which version you will use...   The 10.30 GARMIN GNS530 is simply gorgeous and far more functional than the older version. That noted it will mean I will have to fly in the 10.30 beta to have access to the feature. I did check the CT206H in the standard 10.25 final and it actually performs better in 10.30b on my computer (I found 10.30 is far more efficient than 10.25F, of which for me was mostly a dog with low dragging frame-rates).

The route is quite simple to Cork, because there are not really many fixes to choose from. The route is OP (NDB) - KLV (VOR) -DIMUS - WTD (Waterford - VOR) - EICK (Cork). It does however keep you on the coast for most of the route, which is what I wanted to do.

Leaving Dublin

Car_CT206H_Depart 1.jpg  Car_CT206H_Depart 2.jpg

Car_CT206H_Depart 3.jpg  Car_CT206H_Depart 3a.jpg

With the electrics on, the fuel tanks just below full and the GNS530 programmed with the route it was time to turn the starter switch. With a throb and then a louder throb, the now puffing propeller pulsed into life. Sounds are excellent, but it is far noisier in the cabin than on the outside, opening the side window(s) gets you a no louder noise from the outside than like you do on the older Carenado aircraft. I have a bose (Soundlink -Mini) portable speaker that runs off the Mac by WiFi, and it sounds brilliant when idling (and on the power), so all sounds are in 3d and are multi-directional and are sensational.

Brake off and a little throttle and we are moving. You have find the sweet spot which is very small to maintain the momentum when taxiing, too low and the propeller idles and a little to high and you are gripping the air with too much force and you are then on the brakes. But otherwise you can set the right speed. I set the flaps at one step down. You don't need any flap for takeoff if you don't want to, but a little flap will get you airborne quite quickly once the speed is over the 85knts.

Car_CT206H_Depart 4.jpg  Car_CT206H_Depart 4a.jpg

Car_CT206H_Depart 5.jpg  Car_CT206H_Depart 6.jpg

The weather is quite overcast with low drizzly cloud at 5000ft, but the wind is quite light at 6knts. power up to 2500rpm, there is a restriction on the power at 2500rpm, as you need all of the power but it doesn't show more than the red line. And then come off the throttle a fair way and it still sits well into the red line zone?  Heading down the centre line you don't get that menacing pull that can weave you all over the runway that you can get from powerful singles, so it is easy to keep your tracking straight.  Once in the rotate the aircraft climbs away quite easily, but the high glareshield makes it hard for you to see forward, you need to look left and down to keep your track right.

The Stationair will easily power up at 800fpm (feet per minute), the aircraft is not struggling at all. I click on the GPS at 500ft to follow the flightplan and activate it via the excellent KFC225 Autopilot (NAV).

Car_CT206H_AP 8.jpg

For a small unit, as an autopilot the KFC225 is very powerful and all you really need. You can set your V/S (Vertical Speed) but it is a little messy switching between the altitude and V/S modes. But it does work well and with an ALT when the set height is achieved (6000ft), after my first turn at "OP" I decided to reduce my height back down to 4,500ft to get out of the cloud cover, and that felt right with the speed set at just under 140kts...  There is good documentation supplied on how the KFC225 works but I found that setting the altitude directly is a little hit and miss, I wanted 4,500ft, but I will get 4,510ft?

Car_CT206H_Panel 3.jpg  Car_CT206H_Panel 4.jpg

The beautiful overhead lit panel gives the aircraft a very modern look. You have to be very subtle with the adjustment, because it can be quite too bright or too harsh as a few of these images show. But get it right and it looks sublime.

Car_CT206H_Panel 1.jpg  Car_CT206H_Panel 2.jpg

Instrument wise the aircraft is very sparse. Just dials on the left pilots side and nothing on the right. The standard six (Artificial Horizon, Altimeter, Airspeed, Heading/Compass, Bank turn and Vertical speed) dominate and are added by RPM and Temperature (TIT/CHT), Oil Temperature (Temp and Pressure), VAC pressure and AMPS, Manifold Press and Fuel Flow and two OBS - Omni Bearing Selectors (VOR) with course selector. There is Fuel gauge for left and right tanks and a great clock that reads...   Zulu, elapsed time, date and outside temp, 12 hour and 24 hour clocks.

Car_CT206H_Panel 8.jpg  Car_CT206H_Panel EQP.jpg

The centre equipment stack has also besides the GNS530 (or the two GNS430's) and the KFC225 a Bendix/King KX 165 TSO Comm 2 and VOR 2 (NAV2) radio (bottom OBS dial) , GARMIN GTX 327 Transponder (and clock), Bendix/King KR 87 TSO NDB/ADF unit and the standard COM/NAV select unit. Having the GNS530 certainly gives the aircraft a better equipment package, but everything here works very well. In fact because you are not overwhelmed with a panel of dials it helps in the way the aircraft is quite restful to fly and navigate.

Car_CT206H_Panel Refl.jpg  Car_CT206H_Panel 5.jpg

Switched on or off the panel reflections are simply amazingly good, so very realistic. Under the main panel left are the starter key switch and main toggles switches and in the centre is the trim wheels (Elevator/Rudder) and engine cowling flap lever. Right down near the floor is the fuel tank switch, left - right or OFF.  Dead centre of the panel are the usual three push/pull knobs of - Throttle - PROP RPM - Lean MIx and finally to the right the flap lever with 0º 10º 20º and 30º settings.

Car_CT206H_Internal 1.jpg  Car_CT206H_Internal 2.jpg

Car_CT206H_Internal 3.jpg  Car_CT206H_Panel 6.jpg

Internally the aircraft is very nicely appointed, great side and roof detailing and beautiful seat covers abound, with those slashing seatbelts that fasten to the roof, no table in here like most aircraft and behind the main rear seats the last two seats look for children only (or small adults). I would have liked the idea of a small cargo version to carry parcels or what not or for carrying parachutists, That would have been a great fun version. Smaller details abound in the perfect sunvisor's (great transparency) and manual in a lower pocket.

Liveries

Over the last year Carenado have listed their liveries as just - White (default), Blue, Green, Grey, Maroon and stripes and that is what you get here. They are extremely good liveries, but just all American and nothing really adventurous.

Car_CT206H_Livery White.jpg

Car_CT206H_Livery Blue.jpgCar_CT206H_Livery Green.jpg

Car_CT206H_Livery Gray.jpgCar_CT206H_Livery Red.jpg

Car_CT206H_Livery Stripes.jpg

I was now down close to the South and most Eastern tip of Ireland and sailing along towards DIMUS fix which is just slightly of the coast by Rosslare Harbour.

Car_CT206H_Fly 1.jpg  Car_CT206H_Fly 2.jpg

Car_CT206H_Fly 3.jpg  Car_CT206H_Fly 4.jpg

It is noisy in here, loud but enjoyable. Carenado note to put your joystick/yoke settings at 25% across the board and I would second that as any higher than 25% and the aircraft is slightly twitchy. As the weather cleared up nicely I climbed back up to 6000ft and my speed remained at 138kts. I was loving the GNS530 and the data it displays to my destination including my heading and time of arrival. A map display showed my track and direction.

Car_CT206H_Fly 5.jpg  Car_CT206H_Fly 6.jpg

Car_CT206H_Fly 7.jpg  Car_CT206H_Fly 8.jpg

Detailing on the fixed tri-cycle undercarriage is simply excellent and they are well sprung in the right flex on the main rear gear and the with right amount of absorption and bounce in the nosewheel on landing (or taking off). The engine vents can be closed (as noted) but watch that temp gauge.

Car_CT206H_Cork 1.jpg  Car_CT206H_Cork 2.jpg

Car_CT206H_Cork 3.jpg  Car_CT206H_Cork 4.jpg

Once past the turn at DIMUS I focused on WTR - Waterford and how I would approach Cork Airport, I had a choice, fly to south and land on RWY 35 or from the North over Cork to RWY 17. The GNS530 would only give me the airport as a fix, but as I got closer to EICK I found there was another fix directly inland and in line back to RWY 17 at NEGEL. The GNS530 can give you a lot of information about the airport and close Nav-Aids, but I found the GNS530 was not as complete as the GNS430 in airport information and other smaller detailing. It will come to the same standard as the 10.30 beta is finalised.

Using the DIR (Direct) mode on the GNS530 put me on a direct course with the fix, and then when close to NEGEL I did another DIR direct back to EICK and RWY 35, this worked better than putting the new waypoint in to the flightplan, because NEGEL is just a little to far West past the direct line to the angle of the runway. So I press the DIR just at the point I wanted to with out going all the way out to the fix.

Car_CT206H_Cork 6.jpg  Car_CT206H_Cork 7.jpg

Car_CT206H_Cork 8.jpg  Car_CT206H_Cork 9.jpg

When I was first in the Stationair I wondered why there was two sets of OBS (Omni Bearing Selector) dials?, Yes they would be good for setting two VOR points, but in most cases one is enough to go VOR to VOR. Getting close to EICK you realise that the upper OBS is used on the NAV1 frequencies and also as a lock and display of the ILS bars, the lower second OBS dial is for the standard NAV2 VOR navigation. I was slightly still off angle to the runway but the horizontal bar put me on the centreline where a click of the APP button on the A/P locked me directly in. Flap was set at 20º and the speed at 90kts, Stall speed is at 54kts and it is very easy to be close to that at 30º. Soon the horizontal bar was coming down to the cross and I was in the ILS. I don't usually use the ILS for GA aircraft as the approach is too steep, I get down to about 1000ft above the airport elevation and set a slightly less approach pitch to keep the speed in check.

Car_CT206H_Cork Land 1.jpg  Car_CT206H_Cork Land 2.jpg

Car_CT206H_Cork Land 3.jpg  Car_CT206H_Cork Land 4.jpg

The low grey cloud and wet runway had reappeared as I touched down on RWY 35, But there was no wavering around and I stopped nice and straight. A small taxi to the Flying Club was were I was to lose an hour or so.

Car_CT206H_Lighting 1.jpg  Car_CT206H_Lighting 2.jpg

Car_CT206H_Lighting 3.jpg  Car_CT206H_Lighting 4.jpg

The weather had worsened while I was on the ground in that two hours. You don't have a lot of external lighting and only two with a taxi and landing light in the far edge of the left wing. But with both on they did give you good coverage of the way ahead, and that was good as the taxiway was a bit narrow. Once on RWY 17 it was now raining and I was having second thoughts on if this was a good idea with rain, low light and low dark clouds.  Once clear of the runway I set the GNS 530 DIR (direct) to EINN, as It didn't really need a full flightplan for such a short hop.

Car_CT206H_EINN 1.jpg  Car_CT206H_EINN 2.jpg

Car_CT206H_EINN 3.jpg  Car_CT206H_EINN 4.jpg

But once I had climbed to 6000ft I found it was all quite serene...  and beautiful. X-Plane turned on a show I haven't seen in quite a while, but certainly the b10.30 update contributed to the view as the with the heavier ominous clouds there was the wispy softness that floated by, you can see and feel the difference in grading of the translucent areas that combined with the light, then produced an amazing effect of naturalness and colour.

Car_CT206H_EINN 5.jpg  Car_CT206H_EINN 6.jpg

Car_CT206H_EINN 7.jpg  Car_CT206H_Lighting 5.jpg

Internal Lighting

With the HDR on the internal lighting is very good.

Car_CT206H_Lighting INT 6.jpg  Car_CT206H_Lighting INT 7.jpg

Car_CT206H_Lighting INT 8.jpg  Car_CT206H_Lighting INT 9.jpg

You can turn the panel lighting down and turn up the two spot lights above the pilots head and the lighting can be just as good to fly by. In the rear you have two more spots in the roof, but there looked like four spots on each side of cabin, but I couldn't find any buttons...  or they could have been just airvents? From the outside the cabin is quite bright when lit up. Nav, strobe and one beacon up high on the tail completes the set.

Car_CT206H_EINN Arr 2.jpg  Car_CT206H_EINN Arr 1.jpg

Car_CT206H_EINN Arr 3.jpg  Car_CT206H_EINN Arr 4.jpg

To my right the view gets busy with snaking roads and traffic with housing lighting now down below, I drop down to 2,500ft and join the circuit parallel to RWY 09/24 and track North East until I was 17nm past to a final 180º track back to RWY 24 at 1200ft. My fears of very low clouds and zero or no visibility were unfounded as the night became quite clear and crisp and RWY 24 was perfectly aligned. The lighting was very and good enough to easily gauge the height of the runway to have a nice touch landing.

Car_CT206H_EINN Arr 5.jpg  Car_CT206H_EINN Arr 6.jpg

EINN Shannon's glory days are well in its past, but the airport is still seriously busy. Taxiing amongst the larger aircraft can be daunting, but we found our parking area quite easily in the dark, and I was able to finally turn the CT206H in for the night.

Summary

Would the CT206H be as good without the GNS530 option?  Yes of course...   but it is far, far better with it. So the GNS530 version is really the only way to go unless you are wanting the aircraft just for training or for it to exactly like your own aircraft. As usual Carenado have produced another gem. And still there are many notices around the aircraft that they are still moving the quality forward like with the exceptional reflections. Liveries are becoming a little boring and really too few for this price range? and a few features that was on earlier Carenado aircraft have disappeared, like the Carenado key fob, Bags and outside sounds when opening windows.

The aircraft is a milestone for X-Plane in many ways, from the loss of the X-Plane9® version to the introduction of the b10.30 features. It is the way forward for Carenado to keep these excellent machines coming into the simulator.

The weight and balance of the CT206H are real world, and it has been tested by real world pilots and it shows. There is a full set of CT206H Performance tables included and to get the best out of the aircraft it is best to study and use them. But in design and detail of an excellent General Aviation aircraft the Stationair is faultless, It is very nice to fly as well, but with the 10.30 GNS530 option it is also great aircraft to do any sort of navigational journey and have you planning flights every time you want to step onboard. Certainly another winner from Carenado

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The Carenado CT206H Turbo Stationair is now available from the X-Plane.Org Store here :

Price is US$29.95 - Carenado CT206H Turbo Stationair

Installation and documents: Download is 290.20meg and the aircraft is deposited in the "General Aviation" X-Plane folder at 347.20 meg. Note - you will need to expand the (acf for 10.30 beta (GPS530).zip) and replace the "Car_CT206H.acf" file to have access for the GNS 530 and you have to run the aircraft at this point in the 1.30beta to access the feature.

There are seven documents covering the aircraft:

Docs.jpg

Developer Site: Carenado

Dev Support : Carenado Support

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Review By Stephen Dutton

28th June 2014

Copyright©2014 : X-Plane Reviews

Technical Requirements:

Windows , MAC OS 10.6 (or higher) or Linux

X-Plane 10.2 or higher - 64 bit compatible - X-Plane 10.30+ for GNS 530

4GB RAM/1GB VRAM - 250MB available hard disk space

Current version: Version 1.0 (last updated July 1st 2014)

Review System Specifications:

Computer System:     

- 2.66 Ghz Intel Core i5 iMac 27”

- 6 Gb 1067 Mhz DDR3

- ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb

Software:     

- Mac OS Mavericks 10.9.2

- X-Plane 10 Global ver 10.25 (final) and for this review beta10.30b5

- Hi rez planet textures from ISDG

- Hi-Res Runway textures by Jack Skieczius

Addons

- Saitek x52 Pro system Joystick and Throttle

- bose Soundlink -Mini portable speaker

Scenery

- EIDW - Dublin International Airport by Cormac (X-Plane Irish Hub)

- EICK - Cork Airport by Cormac (X-Plane Irish Hub)

- EINN - Shannon Airport Pro by Renair (.org scenery)

X Plane reviews logo 200px.jpg

Nice review! I noticed the missing interior noises too - could that just be a goof on Carenado's side? 

Also, I felt the aircraft had way too wide a turning circle, I had to slam the rudder and the nosewheel tiller all the way to one side to get even a slight movement... Anyone else found that, or is it just standard for this aircraft?

Nice review! I noticed the missing interior noises too - could that just be a goof on Carenado's side? 

Also, I felt the aircraft had way too wide a turning circle, I had to slam the rudder and the nosewheel tiller all the way to one side to get even a slight movement... Anyone else found that, or is it just standard for this aircraft?

Jiggy There is an issue with the nosewheel turning in 10.30B, Careando is aware of the problem, it should be fixed in the coming update. It is simply impossible to turn right? It wasn't noted in the review as the update was due before the aircraft went up on the store?

Well after playing about a bit I just added some joystick buttons as left/right toe brakes and, while things are jerky (I can only have full on/off), it is a lot easier to turn. If there was a system like the nosewheel tiller axis for toe brakes it would be much easier to taxi!

Guest Stephen Howe

"Would the CT206H be as good without the GNS350 option? Yes of course... but it is far, far better with it."

That sentence doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

Otherwise good review!

The one thing that always bugs me with Cessna's in X-Plane is that they tend to roll to the left instead of yawing whilst climbing under power.

Is this any better in 10.30?

In my opinion it ruins the otherwise decent flight model and encourages dangerous practices such as correcting for wing drop with aileron instead of rudder during slow flight.

Guest Brian Helip

Good day,

After reading the summary one want's to go out and purchase the little aircraft right away. I am running 10.30 already and have had my wings clipped by some of the add-on not working right in the "bata" version already I have the  "Carenado C185F Skywagon v2" and would like to see the extended package (floats,skies,and tundra tires...) before, purchasing this aircraft so, the bush pilot's can have their fun also.Since, it would be a few more dollars and, just one download. I have tried to use the Plane-Maker to add the GNS430 to the "Carenado C185F Skywagon v2" but, it did not work even when using the instructions provided by an X-planer that gave very good instructions. I am using a "Cyborg -X " stick which is easy to program and straight forward when adding a plug-in such as the GNS430, so I must have gotten something wrong some where that I can't see for the forest as the saying goes ...

Thank-you for the report.

captbullett

Hi Stephen,

Really nice review, thanks !

Just a note about: "This aircraft is the first aircraft from Carenado that is not available for X-Plane9®, Only X-Plane10® from this release forward." 

I think that's the third aircraft available only for XP10: right after the Malibu and the B200.

Christophe

Hi Stephen,

Really nice review, thanks !

Just a note about: "This aircraft is the first aircraft from Carenado that is not available for X-Plane9®, Only X-Plane10® from this release forward." 

I think that's the third aircraft available only for XP10: right after the Malibu and the B200.

Christophe

Yes the Malibu was the first only non-XP9 aircraft.

"Would the CT206H be as good without the GNS350 option? Yes of course... but it is far, far better with it."

That sentence doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

Otherwise good review!

The one thing that always bugs me with Cessna's in X-Plane is that they tend to roll to the left instead of yawing whilst climbing under power.

Is this any better in 10.30?

In my opinion it ruins the otherwise decent flight model and encourages dangerous practices such as correcting for wing drop with aileron instead of rudder during slow flight.

First the quote...  "Would the CT206H be as good without the GNS350 option? Yes of course... but it is far, far better with it.", Well if Laminar Research had not released the 10.30 update with the GNS350 option then would the aircraft be just as good?  well it is, but with the GNS350 option being available it takes the aircraft to another level again.

Second, there are two reasons here, one is that aircraft can produce asymmetrical thurst because propellers only turn in one direction and the thrust can be directed not in a direct force to the rear but to slightly to one side as to the shape of the propeller, of which you have to correct for with yaw (known as the P factor). Single engine aircraft are the worse for this because there is no second engine revolving in the opposite way to counteract the forces. Some twins with both the engines revolving the same direction can be worse with yaw (even worse if the engine speeds are not synced together).

Second reason is that Laminar Research found there was a slight difference in the numbers on the air flow between the right and left wings that make aircraft fly slightly off line, again that was corrected by more yaw. (I think it was -3, but don't quote me on that). This has been corrected for v10.30.

Guest Noel

I'm really enjoying this aircraft so far. I wanted to ask you all about a couple of things I've noticed that seem odd. (I'm using 10.30 b5.) First, the flap indicator goes to somewhere between 0 and 10 deg for the first notch, then 10 for the second, then all the way to full, instead of 10,20, full. Second, the takeoff checklist requests 39 in. Hg. and 2500 RPM. I can get 2500, but not 39 in Hg., only about 26. Also, it suggests 34 GPH fuel flow. I get maybe 27 full power. Any thoughts?

I'm really enjoying this aircraft so far. I wanted to ask you all about a couple of things I've noticed that seem odd. (I'm using 10.30 b5.) First, the flap indicator goes to somewhere between 0 and 10 deg for the first notch, then 10 for the second, then all the way to full, instead of 10,20, full. Second, the takeoff checklist requests 39 in. Hg. and 2500 RPM. I can get 2500, but not 39 in Hg., only about 26. Also, it suggests 34 GPH fuel flow. I get maybe 27 full power. Any thoughts?

I noted in the review the aircraft kept the aircraft always at 2500RPM limit and it didn't feel right, so there is something missing... I'll note it to Careando. I'll check out the flaps?

Guest David Marshall

To fix the nose wheel steering issue:

X-Plane Support, Jun 23 15:45:

1. Make a back up file of the plane.
2. Download the attached "avionics.lua" file into your aircraft's main folder, replacing the file that's currently there.
3. Download the attached "Animations.lua" file and place it into your aircraft's "Custom Avionics" folder, replacing the one that's there.
4. Reload the plane in X-Plane.

This fix will be included in the next update.

Regards,
Daniel K.

Attachment(s)
avionics.lua

Animations.lua

Guest Roy Hickok

Would not load properly in 10.30b5.  

Loads with a view looking out the top of the windshield and you can't lower the view to look over the top of the panel as you normally would.

Guest Noel

I noted in the review the aircraft kept the aircraft always at 2500RPM limit and it didn't feel right, so there is something missing... I'll note it to Careando. I'll check out the flaps?

Thanks, Stephen. I also noticed that I run out of down trim when landing with full flaps. Have you or any one else noticed this?

Would not load properly in 10.30b5.  

Loads with a view looking out the top of the windshield and you can't lower the view to look over the top of the panel as you normally would.

I don't have that issue....  loads fine for me?

To fix the nose wheel steering issue:

X-Plane Support, Jun 23 15:45:

1. Make a back up file of the plane.

2. Download the attached "avionics.lua" file into your aircraft's main folder, replacing the file that's currently there.

3. Download the attached "Animations.lua" file and place it into your aircraft's "Custom Avionics" folder, replacing the one that's there.

4. Reload the plane in X-Plane.

This fix will be included in the next update.

Regards,

Daniel K.

Attachment(s)

avionics.lua

Animations.lua

Checked the steering and the update here works just perfectly!

I could not switch GNS350 on from Avionics switch.

post-2-0-77465900-1404794877_thumb.jpgpost-2-0-83792300-1404794883_thumb.jpg

The AVIONICs switch is just a power on/off for all the avionics? There is no on/off for the GNS350 as a separate switch, it either comes on or not with all the rest of the avionics?  If the GNS350 does not function when all the rest is working then my guess it is an installation issue? I note how to do that in the review. SD

I'm have the same problem with the plane loading with the view at the top of the windshield. I'm able to pan down though. I'm running 10.30b5 and I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers. I'm also using the .acf with the GNS530. 

When you load the CT206H it should look like this...

post-2-0-94815800-1404795162_thumb.jpg

Which is quite low... You can set the correct height by using the © Camera menu and the "Pilot View".

post-2-0-58736000-1404795181_thumb.jpg

Try the © view and see if that changes your view?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Charles Roesch

I don't understand exactly how to get the Garmin 530 version to appear on the X-Plane 10.3.  I unzipped the 530 file but I still see only the old dual 430s.  There must be another step.

Charley Roesch

Guest Charley Roesch

When I remove the "Car_CT206H.acf" file, leaving behind the "Car_CT206H.acf2" file, no Stationair aircraft of either type appears in the aircraft list once the sim is started.  There must be another step.