FlightFactor : Boeing 777 Series update 1.5.1.1

Stephen

post-2-0-35117000-1375242341_thumb.jpg

Flightfactor has updated the Boeing 777 series to 1.5.1.1, Note the extra .1 and not 1.5.1, although only a small change in the "corrected engine limits for auto throttle". It is however important to make sure you have the correct version.

The B777 some had some niggles. Nothing that would really spoil the simulation, but niggles they were. My main niggle was the park brake staying on when you set the auto brake (that was fixed in update 1.5.0) and it drove me senseless in the fact I did a complete perfect flight to be then dragging my squealing bogies of tyres down the runway trying to free them from their pain, It is now fixed and so is the issue on the rudder toe pedals as well.
Most of the fixes are around the throttle settings and really the rest are mostly final fine tuning.

One item that was noted and made the biggest noise on the forums was the fan blade animation, I joined in the chorus as it just didn't look right... and here is the fix.

post-2-0-61659900-1375579355_thumb.jpg

Power on up and the changes in the fan speed are significant.

post-2-0-00878900-1375579428_thumb.jpgpost-2-0-78569800-1375579441_thumb.jpgpost-2-0-15546600-1375579455_thumb.jpg

The childish glee turned to outright delight as I powered up those huge GE90-115's to full power and back down again, turn up your sound volume and fill the room with engine power and screeching brakes as the Worldliner drags itself down the runway!   Power up and then down and you will certainly love this animation of changing speeds and the way the central core runs the opposite way and then starts to move in the correct rotational direction of the huge fan blades. The animation has moved from being one of only an average visual distraction, to one of the best in X-Plane.

A new set of liveries for the -300 version has also been released.

The Liveries : US Airways - SAS - JetBlue - Turkish Airlines -TAP - Air Berlin
Qantas - Alitalia - Avianca - Iberia

post-2-0-00816800-1375582385_thumb.jpgpost-2-0-51060200-1375582991_thumb.jpgpost-2-0-82335600-1375582454_thumb.jpg

In Roman Berezin's I asked him on the status of the B777 Series, My feeling with this upgrade the series has reached nearly a year on from its release a point of maturity, Roman agrees with me there. There will always be somewhere to fine tune or fix as the list is never ending, but at this point the B777 series is at a point that it is now one of the best and mature simulations we have in X-Plane10.

Update details:
1.5.1.1 change log (all XP10 models only)
-corrected engine limits for auto throttle
1.5.1 changelog (all XP10 64bit only)
-new gear model and animation for a more realistic appearance on the ground
-new fanblade animation that looks nicer and is fps-independent
-corrected reference point of the -300ER, correcting elevator effectiveness at slow speeds
-fixed a bug in "Real Limits" option that could cause the wrong crash detection to trigger
-corrected animation of the pushback truck
-callouts added: V1, approaching minimums (thanks to Pierre Lavaux)
-corrected callout logic for Baro decision altitude
-added MCP altitude alert sounds
-enhanced the  thrust reverser sound
-corrected some problems with playing PA sounds
-corrected engine idle/engine out drag
-enhanced autobrake behavior with pedals
-enhanced remote CDU graphics and touch responsiveness (thanks to Bradley Fisherman)
-stab trim indication on FCTL page fixed
-decreased throttle limit for TO/GA selection on the ground
-fixed a buffer overflow on the FMC FIX page that could lead to crashes on Windows
-corrected thrust settings for flight idle descent
-correct pagination for SIDs with more than 4 airway transitions
-fixed some typos

The Boeing Worldliner - (extended) Cargo (extended), - 300 version and all liveries are all available from the X-Plane .Org Store.

Boeing Worldliner US$59.95 : Boeing Worldliner Professinal

For the Extended (Cargo) and the -300 version you have to have the main "Professinal" package installed.

The add-ons are then:
US$10  Extended (Cargo)
US$10  -300 Version

All Livery Packs are US$10 per 10 liveries ($1 per livery)

4th Aug 2013

Love the update to the 777 and this with the JAR A320 are benchmark ACFs for X-Plane in my humble opinion.

BUT, the liveries for this drive me mad. Look at the list in the paid bundle:

US Airways - no 777 at all in their fleet

SAS - never had any 777

JetBlue - nothing bigger than A321 in their fleet

Turkish Airlines - real life user (shock) but engines are white, not blue

TAP - never had any 777

Air Berlin - use A330 for long haul

Qantas - never had any 777

Alitalia - fly 772 but no 300s

Avianca - not a 777 customer

Iberia - never had any 777

It just strikes me as wierd that to put so much effort into realism in the plane itself, then to give us a list of mostly fictional paints is a bit of a mis-match?

Rant over!

• 1 year later...

Hello, I have been trying to fly the 777 for quiet a while now. But I have not been able to because when ever I take off about 5-10 minutes into the flight all of my electronic systems shut down for no apparent reason. If I go to my Aircraft problems and failures and go to G1000 it says that my Generator battery is low and when I try to set it to always working it will not want to change. I am not sure if this has something to do with the aircraft or something to do with my computer, but can someone please help me fix this.