Plugin Update : WebFMC Pro v1.5.0 by Green Arc Studios

WebFMC v1.5.0 Header.jpg

Plugin Update : WebFMC Pro v1.5.0 by Green Arc Studios

The latest update to the excellent WebFMC Pro v1.5.0 plugin is not a large one, but it is highly significant. This version adds in the default Laminar FMC to the usable selection of aircraft FMS systems to the user. 

The WebFMC is a plugin that allows you to use a FMC (Flight Management Computer) on an external screen via a web browser. That is an another computer or tablet. It is a remote tool, but a very beneficial tool and even a powerful one in programming in route and performance data and following the set aircraft route in flight and in mirroring the aircraft's built in FMS (Flight Management System). Added into the functionality is a load of features in the use of the FMC on another screen....  and yes I am a huge fan.

Any plugin or tool that you use is highly valuable if you actually use it, if not it is a waste of money. So for me the value of this plugin is that I use it all the time and in fact most times that I have to programme in a route and and aircraft performance and preferences data.

There are two versions available and the PRO version is now listed with an impressive 16 aircraft, but three in the list of the Zibo Mod 737-800 and the 737-900ER/700 Ultimate are also available in the Free Demo version.

WebFMC Pro v1.5.0

This version is significant because it breaks the boundary in the aircraft already listed into another dimension. Before it was the actual FMC per aircraft, but here in this version has been added in the default Laminar Research FMC... that fact opens up the plugin's scope to cover any aircraft that uses or has installed the default FMC feature. These aircraft include both FlyJSim's Boeing 732 and 727 by FlyJSim, KingAir 350 by Airfoil Labs, Challenger 300 by DDen, many of the aircraft from Carenado and a lot of others - the list now is really open-ended in the use that any developer that adds in the default X-Plane FMC will now be be automatically added to the list. The full current v1.5.0 list is:

The complete list of supported aircraft / FMCs with version 1.5.0:

• Default X-Plane FMC with all aircraft that use it NEW!
  • SSG E-Jets Evolution Series (both variants)
  • SSG 747-8 Series (both variants)
  • FlightFactor A350 XWB Advanced (old style MCDU)
  • JARDesign 330 (requires v3.1r2+)
  • JARDesign 320 (both v3.2x and new v3.4+)
  • ToLiss 319
  • FlightFactor A320 Ultimate
  • FlightFactor Boeing 757v2 (all variants) 
  • FlightFactor Boeing 767 (all variants)
  • Rotate MD-80
  • IXEG 737-300
  • EADT x737 (x737FMC required)
  • Zibo Mod 737-800
  • 737-900 Ultimate
  • 737-700 Ultimate

Default X-Plane FMC

This may not sound great, but I find the current Default X-Plane FMC a bit average? Yes I will admit I have been very overindulged with some very exceptional aircraft FMC's. X-Plane as a simulator and 3rd party addons have come a long way in this area since the first in the JRollon CRJ-200, and still I am slightly flummoxed in that the same developer in Phillipp Ringlar actually programmed both the first and the default FMC's.

There is no doubt the Default X-Plane FMS is extremely basic, but that aspect is fine because as there is a wide variety of aircraft it has to cover, it can't do the deeper data for aircraft performance or preferences... and I get that.

But my issue is that it is currently quite average in loading in the basic and required SID (Standard instrument departures) and STAR's (Standard Terminal Arrival Route ). I create most of my flightplans in SimBrief of which I wholly recommend and it is free. And you can import the created (Flightplan) route directly into X-Plane and it's FMC. But in most cases the required SID is missing, so the aircraft usually goes direct (DCT) to the first waypoint. Worse are the STAR's in that they are usually again a very basic import with a lot of significant waypoints missing, I will note that a lot of the STAR approaches are just plain weird like at EDDM - Munich so they do require editing.

Of course you have to route edit even the very best of FMC systems, that is a given, but the Default FMC is just too basic in even laying out any selected SID or STAR route, yes you can select them, but they usually are nothing like the actual SID and STAR you are loading in, and consistently they send you directly to the runway threshold.

An important note at this time is to make sure all your navigation data is collated across the board with both the Simulator Nav Data and the Aircraft Nav Data are the same. Yes it costs a little to do this via either a Navigraph (recommended) account or Aerosoft's NavDataPro data cycle. I found the IXEG B737 Nav data so out of date I was landing in fields far off the runway. If short of funds then only download the data two or three times a year, but it is the collation of all the nav data across all aspects of the simulator that is important, not the age of the nav data (in other words it is all the same).

So currently WebFMC Pro is just about invaluable for fixing up these nav data errors in the default FMC... here the plugin is now available in the lovely Fokker F50 by Carenado via both the Default FMC and WebFMC Pro. Style of the FMC is based on a facia of a Boeing like with the Zibo 738.

WebFMC Pro v1.5_Laminar F50 1.jpgWebFMC Pro v1.5_Laminar 1.jpg

Here we have a route from EGCC - Manchester to EKYT - Aalborg. Departure for MCR is actually DIRECT to DESIG via SID DESIG 1S, so even the default FMC could not get that wrong? But at the other end at Aalborg it was a mess of an arrival route, Problem is that there are no arrival STAR's for EKYT RWY 26R? but there is an RNAV chart via insertion waypoint BAKIT.

WebFMC Pro v1.5_Laminar F50 2.jpgWebFMC Pro v1.5_Laminar 2.jpg

First bonus of the WebFMC Pro was that I was able to input data via the keyboard directly, which you can't do in the aircraft version and even in the pop-up, second is that the data is fully accessible on your desktop, in this case set out between SimBrief (right) and the Navigraph Charts (left), so no head movements back and too from another another screen of which you would have to constantly do in the aircraft, so it is like a sort of work-desk arrangement.

So inputs of the last official route waypoint of KEMEG to VABUT to BAKIT and then DCT to RW 26R, of which gives us a very nice approach route to the EKYT runway.

A bigger bonus for me and I accept that you will need the Navigraph Chart Application is that the Carenado F50 has no PLAN mode? This mode allows you to check your route directly out of the FMC on usually the NAV screen of the aircraft. So if you input in the same navigation waypoints into the Navigraph Chart App you can see if you got the routing correct. You can input the full route into Navigraph directly from SimBrief, but your edits can be checked also in the Navigraph App directly. Nothing is worse in not knowing if your arrival route is wrong, and once the route is completed, a save in the default FMC will keep all your edits in place.

WebFMC Pro v1.5_Laminar 3.jpgWebFMC Pro v1.5_Laminar F50 3.jpg

So I found WebFMC Pro is excellent in working with this basic FMC, it actually adds in functionality, but also makes it easier to use. On the aircraft WebFMC Pro will only adjust the left FMC, the right side unit is not editable.

That is the only aircraft(s) addition to WebFMC Pro v1.5.0, but there is another change to note.

JARDesign A320neo

This aircraft was part of the original release list for WebFMC Pro. But JARDesign have completely redone the aircraft's MCDU or Mulifunction Control Display Unit. This is from version JD320-V3.4R2, or v3.4+. The original MCDU still works, but you can use this WebFMC Pro version with the newer updated MCDU as long as you update to the JARDesign v3.4+ version.

WebFMC Pro v1.5_JARDesign 1.jpgWebFMC Pro v1.5_JARDesign 3.jpg

Again the advantages on the work-desk setup are excellent...  however here you do now have the advantage of the PLAN mode on the MCDU as a guide to double-check the arrival route.

WebFMC Pro v1.5_JARDesign 2.jpgWebFMC Pro v1.5_JARDesign 5.jpg

The JAR A320 has the larger, newer PW1100G Engines as well, and don't forget this is still one of the most popular payware aircraft in X-Plane.

WebFMC Pro v1.5_JARDesign A320neo LG.jpg

And v1.5.0 also comes with Enhanced FMC key mappings (as an option in the menu) and Improved screen scaling for cockpit builders.

Summary

This WebFMC Pro is a great plugin tool that can be used in a browser on another computer or a tablet. It is a remote tool, but a very beneficial and even a powerful one in programming in route and performance data and following the set aircraft route in flight in mirroring the aircraft's built in FMS (Flight Management System).

This version v1.5.0 adds in the versatility of now using the Laminar Research Default FMC on a remote screen or tablet, other changes is the addition of a new MCDU for the JARDesign A320 neo in the newer v3.4+ version, the older MCDU works as well. And enhanced FMC key mappings with Improved screen scaling for cockpit builders are also noted in this new version.

By and large this is not a big update but still a significant one. The option to use your fingers directly on a tablet screen to programme a FMC is not to be underestimated, but my work-desk arrangement is a great setup to layout routes and input data, performance and routing quickly. My biggest choice here is how good it is for editing and creating routes with both the SimBrief and subscription Navigraph Chart applications, all brilliant tools to create the most perfect routes to fly with...   Highly Recommended

X-Plane Store logo sm.jpg

Yes! WebFMC Pro v1.5.0 by Green Arc Studios is NOW available from the X-Plane.Org Store here :

WebFMC Pro

Price is US$19.99

The v1.5.0 update is free to previous purchasers of the plugin, go to your X-Plane.OrgStore account for the new version.

Access CDU / FMC of select X-Plane 11 airplanes via any modern web browser running on your PC or mobile device over local network.

Quick and easy access to the FMC
Get easy access to the FMC: quickly edit the flightplan, monitor flight progress, set up your approach and do all the typical work of the pilot without having to move around in the cockpit, even if the plane doesn’t support FMC as a popup natively - on the same PC, or different monitor, tablet or phone - in fact you can use multiple displays at the same time!

Make pilot tasks easy and comfortable
Enjoy external views during cruise while monitoring flight progress on separate screen or take a quick look at your phone to verify calculated landing speed with just a glimpse of an eye during busy time on approach. Make flying complex SIDs / STARs easy as you can focus on the important flight parameters while having overview of the constraints all the time. Take your mobile to the kitchen as you cook a dinner during a long haul and never miss T/D again!

Convenient to use
Use physical keyboards on PC with extra keys such as Prev/Next page mapped to keyboard keys for easy access. WebFMC scales dynamically to fit any display or window size and can look as native app on mobiles by using browser's "Add to home screen" feature.

Aircraft support
WebFMC Pro supports a growing number of 3rd party aircraft starting with 

• New: Default X-Plane FMC (requires X-Plane 11.35+)
  • FlightFactor A320 Ultimate
  • FlightFactor 757v2
  • FlightFactor 767
  • ToLiss 319
  • JarDesign 320 (both now for v3.2x and new v3.4+)
  • Rotate MD-80
  • IXEG 737-300
  • EADT x737 (x737FMC required) 
  • Zibo Mod 737-800
  • 737-900 Ultimate
  • JARDesign A330
  • SSG E-Jets Evolution Series
  • SSG Boeing 747-8 Series
  • FlightFactor A350 XWB Advanced (old style MCDU)
  • 737-800 Zibo Mod*

•   737-900U Ultimate*

•   737-700U Ultimate*

* Available on the free demo WebFMC plugin

Requirements:
The WebFMC plugin requires X-Plane 11 running
  • 64-bit Windows 7 operating system or newer
  • Mac OS 10.14.x (Mojave)
  • Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS or 18.04 LTS (64-bit)  
Web Client
The CDU can be displayed on any modern and up-to-date web browser with JavaScript support.
We recommend the latest versions of Google Chrome on PC or Android and Safari on iOS. 

No internet connection required, remote device needs to be on the same local network as X-Plane PC. 
Support for WebSockets RFC 6455 standard is required which implies at least iOS version 6. 
Current and Review version: 1.5.0 (Sept 1st 2019)

Not required but highly recommended is SimBrief (Free) and Navigraph Charts (Subscription)

Plugin Update Review by Stephen Dutton

3rd September 2019

Copyright©2019 : X-Plane Reviews

(Disclaimer. All images and text in this review are the work and property of X-PlaneReviews, no sharing or copy of the content is allowed without consent from the author as per copyright conditions)

Review System Specifications:

Computer System: Windows  - Intel Core i7 6700K CPU 4.00GHz / 64bit - 16 Gb single 1067 Mhz DDR4 2133 - ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8Gb - Samsung Evo 512gb SSD 

Software:   - Windows 10 - X-Plane 11.33

Addons: Saitek x56 Rhino Pro system Joystick and Throttle : Sound - Bose  Soundlink Mini : SimBrief (Free) : Navigraph Charts (Subscription)

Plugins: Environment Engine by xEnviro v1.07 US$69.90 : WorldTraffic 3.0 Plugin - US$29.95 : JarDesign Ground Handling Deluxe - US$14.95

Scenery or Aircraft

- Fokker F50 by Carenado (Carenado) US$39.95

- Airbus A320neo by JARDesign (X-Plane.OrgStore) US$49.95

Logo Header X-PlaneReviews 200px.jpg