NEWS! - Scenery Upgrade : Faroe Islands XP to X-Plane 12 by Aerosoft

NEWS! - Scenery Upgrade : Faroe Islands XP to X-Plane 12 by Aerosoft

UPDATE News! Faroe header.jpg

The Faroe Islands XP scenery released in 2019 by Maps2XPlane (distributed under the Aerosoft banner) was a pronounced scenery that changed the quality of landscape scenery significantly in the X-Plane Simulator. It won X-PlaneReviews "Best Landscape Scenery" 2019 as well.

The scenery is unique in many ways. There is 1.400 km² of hi-quality HD terrain that covers the entire set of islands that makes up the Faroe Chain, and back then (X-Plane11) you could also change the seasons from the stark white of winter to the bright green of summer, besides the impressionable Vágar airfield, there are also eight helipads that are spread out all over the islands.

Positioned almost directly between Norway and Iceland, and 200 miles (320 km) north-northwest off the coast of Scotland are the Faroe Islands. This archipelago area of 18 islands is about 540 square miles (1,400 km2) with a general population of 50,322 and is part of the 1814 Treaty of Kiel that granted Denmark control over the islands, along with the two other Norwegian island possessions of Greenland and Iceland. The Faroe Islands have been a self-governing country within the Kingdom of Denmark since 1948.

I reviewed the scenery twice, the release review in 2019; Scenery Review : Faroe Islands XP by Aerosoft - Maps2XPlane, then the extensive update Faroe Islands XP v2.0. That was followed again by a smaller update a month later, a touch-up release if you want to v2.1.

Let me be clear, I love this scenery immensely. It is in the same visual scenic vista vein scenery, more of like the high-qualty detailed mountain scenery recreated by Frank Dainese & Fabio Bellini. But both Vágar airfield approaches, certainly in the winter season, are some of the most difficult and challenging as you can find... I have flown frequently both from Denmark and Scotland, and all the services to Vágar are my most favorite of simulations, and throw in some great island hopping as well.

Here with this update v2.2, you get added XP12 support (i.e. compatibility-patch for XP 12.01r3 and Hot fixes i.a. broken animations (caused CTD) and vegetation. Not a lot new in detail, but bringing in the X-Plane 12 elements are a big deal for this scenery.

Version 2.2 (Feb 3rd 2023)
  • Added XP12 support (i.e. compatibility-patch for XP 12.01r3)
  • Hot fixes i.a. broken animations (caused CTD) and vegetation

Note, images here are still X-Plane11, I will replace them when I get access to the scenery.

Faroe Island XP_2.0_Head.jpgFaroe Island XP_2.0_Head 1.jpgFaroe Island XP_2.0_Head 2.jpgFaroe Island XP_2.0_Head 3.jpg

Faroe Island XP_2.0_Head Winter 1.jpgFaroe Island XP_2.0_Head Winter 2.jpgFaroe Island XP_2.0_Head Winter 3 LG.jpgFaroe Island XP_2.0_Head Winter 5.jpgFaroe Island XP_2.0_Head Winter 4.jpg

Faroe Island XP_2.0_EKVG 13.jpgFaroe Island XP_2.0_EKVG 14.jpg

Faroe Island XP_2.0_EKVG 12.jpg

Faroe Island XP_2.0_EKVG 15.jpgFaroe Island XP_2.0_EKVG 16.jpg

Notable is that you now have to use the "Aerosoft One" application to install (update) the scenery... 

Important: If you ordered Faroe Islands XP  before it was on Aerosoft One and do not have a serial number, please contact [email protected] to get a serial number

Installation of Faroe Islands XP  is done through Aerosoft one installer:

After you have installed Aerosoft One, click on  

ENTER PRODUCT KEY (under the Library Tab)

enter the Serial Number provided in this order. This will give you the option to download the airport.

A brilliant investment that rewards you whenever you fly to the north of Scotland, well worth the challenge. And the Faroe Islands XP12 scenery now has also a lower entrance price of only US35.99

X-Plane Store logo sm.jpg

Yes! Faroe Islands XP v2.2 by Aerosoft - Maps2XPlane is now Available from the X-Plane.Org Store here :

Faroe Islands XP

Price Is US$35.99

Features:

• Compatible with both X-Plane 12 and X-Plane 11
  • Realistic recreation of the complete Faroe Islands with an area of about 1.400 km²
  • High resolution terrain mesh with various texture sets for a seasonal representation
  • Customized local terrain details, e.g. realistically sloped runway at the Vágar Airport
  • Detailed rendition of the Vágar Airport and the eight helipads spread over the archipelago
  • Faroese themed autogen, navigation obstacles and dynamic traffic on the islands
  • Hundreds of custom objects with PBR materials, 3D vegetation, night lighting

Requirements:

X-Plane 12 or X-Plane 11

Windows, Mac or Linux
4Gb VRAM Minimum
Download size: 1.3Gb
Current version: 2.2 (Feb 3rd 2023)

News by Stephen Dutton

6th February 2023

Copyright©2023: X-Plane Reviews

(Disclaimer. All images and text in this review are the work and property of X-PlaneReviews, no sharing or copy of the content is allowed without consent from the author as per copyright conditions) All Rights Reserved

Logo Header X-PlaneReviews 200px.jpg