News! - Aircraft Updated to X-Plane11 : Boeing 777 Worldliner/Extended by FlightFactor/VMAX

News! - Aircraft Updated to X-Plane11 : Boeing 777 Worldliner/Extended Professional series by FlightFactor/VMAX

FlightFactor/VMax have updated the Boeing 777 Worldliner Professional to X-Plane11. This is not strictly the full case that this aircraft is totally X-Plane11 compatible, but the word usable is more in line with the current situation as of X-Plane11 still being in it's beta phases.

777-200ER_v192 Head.jpg

But flyable in X-Plane11 is a nice place to be. The Boeing 777 in it's (Extended) freighter form is the one aircraft that I log up the most nautical mileage in X-Plane as it is the aircraft I use to fly my Formula One gear around the world with, so I over the years I have come to know this aircraft very well.

777-200ER_v192 Header 1.jpg777-200ER_v192 Header 2.jpg

777-200ER_v192 Header 3.jpg777-200ER_v192 Header 4.jpg

A magnificent beast of an aircraft this Boeing 777 is as well. There are two packages available with the standard "Worldliner" Professional which is the 777-200LR version and the "Extended" Professional pack that includes the same 777-200LR plus the 777-200ER (Extended Range), 777-300ER and the "F" Freighter version and in all a total of four variants with both GE (GE90-115B)  and RR engines as options.

777-cargo_v10_Canada.jpg777-300_v10_ANZ 1.jpg

v1.92 X-Plane11

In the v1.92 changelog there isn't much to take note of but to adjust the textures and make the aircraft compatible with X-Plane11, but with that you do then get the X-Plane11 features that include that nice shiny aircraft with "Physically Based Rendering" or "PBR" effects.

The FlightFactor Boeing 777 came out of the X-Plane11 transformation really well, as the body and wings look very nice in their shiny new clothes.

777-200ER_v192 PBR 2.jpg777-200ER_v192 PBR 1.jpg

777-200ER_v192 PBR 3.jpg777-200ER_v192 PBR 4.jpg

Reflection detail is excellent and the aircraft now looks like it has just come out of the paint shop.

X-Plane11 reflection detail works for you and also against you here. In the most it is all very good, with the lighting effects making the cockpit far more realistic and more dynamic with the sharper light and deeper shadows.

777-200ER_v192 Cockpit 4.jpg777-200ER_v192 Cockpit 3.jpg

777-200ER_v192 Cockpit 1.jpg777-200ER_v192 Cockpit 2.jpg

But if the aircraft is in a deep shadow or overcast the textures then go very grainy and dark, certainly developers will have to adapt to the new XP11 lighting conditions to get the right effects, but this is nothing new to everyone.

This effect is highlighted here by the yokes (bottom left), and the instrument lighting is more focused but the spot lighting is not as effective in lighter periods, but fine at night under the new X-Plane11 rules.

777-200ER_v192 Cockpit 5.jpg777-200ER_v192 Cockpit 6.jpg

In time these changes will all be adjusted for, but for now it is still perfectly acceptable as the average is totally overwhelmed by the very good new style effects.

For me it is simply great to fly this aircraft in X-Plane11. Is it now showing its age in X-Plane compared to the newer v2 versions of the Boeing 757/767 FlightFactor sisters? well yes a little, so I hope a version upgrade is on the cards at FlightFactor-Vmax.

Still this is one of the really great X-Plane landmark aircraft in detail and features... 

777-200ER_v192 Landing 1.jpg777-200ER_v192 Landing 2.jpg

777-200ER_v192 Landing 3.jpg777-200ER_v192 Landing 4.jpg

If you have already purchased the Boeing 777 Pro's in either Worldliner or Extended packages then go to your X-Plane.OrgStore account and update now.

Note: Just make sure you do download the v1.92 version as v1.90/v1.91 releases have missing issues (mostly APU and starting) v1.92 has been checked and it is fine except that I had to realign the ADIRU navigation (switch is very top left on OHP) and reset the POS INIT (GPS position) on each separate version in -200LR, -200ER, -300ER and the Freighter.

As noted this v1.92 release just makes the B777 X-Plane11 compatible, with no new features except for the X-Plane11 effects, but it is all worth having just to keep on, flying on in the new X-Plane simulator.

Changelog

- fixed the APU xp11 bug

1.9.1 xp11 compatability
- provided xp11 compatability
- changed the graphical content to fit XP11 features
- added xp11 specific splashcreen
- renamed the acf files to be more logical

_____________________________________________________________________________________

X-Plane Store logo sm.jpg

The 1.92 update is now available from the X-Plane.Org Store here :

Price is US$59.95 - Boeing 777 Worldliner Professional

Price is US$84.95 - Boeing 777 Worldliner Professional - Extended Pack

- Designed by FlightFactor (Philipp and Ramzzess) and produced by VMAX

The 1.92 update is free to all users that have purchased the Boeing 777 (Pro and Ext) Series. Just go to to your X-Plane.Org Store account and log-in to download.

Features

• Fully Functional FMS - Plan your routes like a real pilot
  • Custom designed Flight Management Computer, integrated with other plane systems
  • Custom programmed LNAV logic for terminal procedures
  • Custom designed Navigation Display
  • Tterminal procedure database with RNAV approaches and transitions
  • VNAV managed climbs and descends
  • Takeoff and approach speed calculation
  • Custom autopilot modes for autoland
  • Optimum cruise performance and step climb calculation
  • True-to-life radio navigation with procedural-, route-, and navigation support auto-tuning
  • Custom programmed FMC navigation using GPS-, radio- or inertial navigation with individual position errors and management of actual and required navigation performance
  • Magnetic, true and polar grid course reference
  • Alternate airports, diversion and arrival management
  • Ground proximity warning system using real sounds
  • FMC can be used on external touchscreen or tablet, optimized for the new iPad
  • Incredible 3D modeling - the best eye-candy
  • Amazing virtual cockpit with crisp details - Dynamic reflections
  • Custom 3D sounds and Announcements
  • Add-ons: Push-back truck, Fuel Truck, Passenger bus and Emergency slides ...
  • On-Screen Menus: Configuration and loading menu, Quick Zoom 

Requirements

X-Plane 10 Fully updated or  X-Plane 11 - 64 bit required
Windows, Vista, 7 / 8/ 10 (64 bits) or MAC OS 10.10 (or higher - OSX 10.9 will not work), Linux Ubuntu 14.04LTS or compatible (older versions are not supported)
4GB RAM/512 MB VRAM (1GB VRAM Recommended)- 1Gb available hard disk space
Current version : 1.92 (last updated January 25, 2017)

Note: For this update to work correctly on Windows, you need to install the Visual Studio 2015 redistributables, which you can download here:

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Developer Site: facebook

Dev Thread : X-Plane.org

Technical Requirements:
Windows XP , Vista, 7 / 8/ 10 (32 or 64 bits) or MAC OS 10.7 (or higher), Linux Ubuntu 14.04LTS or compatible (older versions are not supported)
X-Plane 10.30+. 32 or 64 bit (64bit recommended)
4GB RAM/512 MB VRAM (1GB VRAM Recommended)- 1Gb available hard disk space
Current version : 1.80 (last updated June 23rd 2015)

Update Review By Stephen Dutton

27th January 2017

Copyright©2017: X-Plane Reviews

Logo Header X-PlaneReviews 200px.jpg

Thanks Stephen, it's good to know that this aircraft has received some XP11 compatibility attention. 

The FF 777 is often on the receiving end  of unwarranted bad press, though I cannot see why, as given its age, it has stood the test of time. 

In terms of systems, there's little more that one could ask for, perhaps terrain radar and a fancy iPad with which to manage options. 

My major gripe with it is the complete lack of gracefully arcing wings when in flight, something that really should have been addressed by FF quite some time ago. 

I'm hopeful that FF will give this iconic aircraft the full beauty treatment that she deserves, as XP11's appeal is broad, and newcomers to the X-Plane platform will be looking for a 777 to replace the 32-bit model that they left behind, so they'll be looking out for those gracefully arced wings. 

And surely it would be a wise policy for FlightFactor to not give XP newbies too many reasons to compare and contrast?

• 3 years later...

probably one of the last questions from me– should I get the a350 or upgrade the 777 to the extended? I really love the 777, especially the freighter and -300ER, so that would make sense to upgrade it. On the other hand,  a new aircraft would be nice too, and the a350 also sounds quite good to me. so what do you reccomend? a 25 dollar upgrade or a 50 dollar new plane? thanks!!!