News! - Beta Release! - X-Plane beta 10.50b4 release

News! - Beta Release! - X-Plane beta 10.50b4 release

There was not much reasoning in noting Laminar Research's beta releases in b2 or b3 as they were officially duds, but 10.50b4 is now out and quite stable and usable.

On beta 10.50 at this point to be honest I am a little underwhelmed. But also however I have not gone too deep into the systems yet with airport parking and or the updated ATC changes.

But I am not seeing the effects new autogen either and I think a big feature like this to be just restricted to the US is a bit of a waste as where we really need this autogen is actually not in the US as there is already a lot of good city packages to cover that, where we need it is in the European countries and Asia, so good autogen even with a compromised tall buildings would be for better arrivals than the nothing we have now, yes you need data to make these things work and areas like China are totally devoid of any data at all, but that is where is needed in the areas it is needed, X-Plane 10 is global, and I am not feeling the love for the rest of the world.

My framerates are not good at all either, in the low 20's compared to the 40's with 10.45 in the same areas and it is very slideshow in movement, the internet connection alert boxes are also still seriously annoying...   but this is a beta and simulator speed is usually not refined until we get to the RC stage (Release Candidate) and no, Steam users cannot access the betas until you get a RC release, so stop asking to do so.

But it is early days yet...

Notes for b2/b3 and b4 releases.

Fixed for Beta 4

• Fix for crash on start due to missing object.
  • Fix for AI aircraft flying too slowly.
  • Layer order was unstable between default .pol and base taxiway when collector was in use. Fixed by forcing pol to be 1 lower than taxiways (XPD-6407).

Fixed for Beta 3

• ADF fixed in B-58 (XPD-6375, 6380, 6383).
  • Stall warning alpha corrected in B-58 (XPD-6374).
  • Object on C90 door removed (XPD-6402).
  • B-58 instrument panel shadow is now solid (XPD-6384).
  • Better scaling of weapons console.
  • Make sure primary monitor on Windows is always main display (XPD-6393).
  • Access to CG and mass of all weapons.
  • Fix memory scribble when extruding scenery (XPD-6405).
  • Removed last squawk about missing lights from log.
  • Capped taxi speed at 25 kts.
  • Toned down MDEG to log error and not quit sim. People would get booted out of their flight because an add-on delivered OOB weather. (XPD-6391).
  • Fixes the bug where the beta would say “authorization is successful” and then be stuck in demo mode.
  • Fixed crash on road drape if there are cracks in the DSF mesh. We also use the DEM in 64-bits for much faster draping (XPD-6398).
  • Fixed plane falling through solid objects onto roads (XPD-6396).
  • Fixed broken lights on all airplanes. Light init must be AFTER plugin load so that data refs for lights can be resolved (XPD-6387).
  • Better macibm alerts.
  • Fixed crash with no GRIB.
  • Progress bar no longer off screen.

Fixed for Beta 2

• Fixed crash when starting Plane-Maker on Windows with an aircraft with attached objects.
  • Fixed crash on startup of X-Plane with plugins that load objects, e.g. SeaTraffic, GroundVehicles.
  • Fixed missing static aircraft on gateway aircraft.
  • Fixed missing new autogen city scenery – the new autogen was accidentally not included in beta 1.
  • Fixed crash when third party scenery contains un-textured objects.
  • Fixed objects floating in the sky.
  • Fixed missing taxi lines on airports.
  • Fixed overlapping items in basic joystick button setup screen.

More to come...

Stephen Dutton

27th June 2016

Copyright©X-Plane Reviews: X-PlaneReviews

Logo Header X-PlaneReviews 200px.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Oceansong (moved from wrong forum)

I fly X-Plane on a top of the line iMac and had begun having numerous software crashes in version 10.40+. I also have a ton of custom scenery and a large number of plugins. Thinking those could be the source of the crashes, I did a clean install of the most current 10.40 release (prior to the release of 10.50), but still experienced software crashes that would usually take place after around 30 minutes of flying, but sometimes sooner. Additionally, it didn't seem to matter what aircraft I was flying, and I had become so frustrated with 10.40+ that I was reluctant to even start it. 

After updating with the first several releases of 10.50 beta, the crashes continued, whether in the clean version or the one with all the custom scenery and plugins- and, of course, 10.50 had several glitches that were being ironed out. Upon installing 10.50b6, however, I found X-Plane to be running BEAUTIFULLY, with absolutely no crashes, even with all the add-ons. WELL DONE X-PLANE DEVELOPERS!

If you haven't seen the buildings in 10.50b6, just take a look at Honolulu. This shot is taken from just west of Diamond Head, looking toward PHNL. The buildings are stock X-Plane 10.50b6, however, the water off Waikiki is enhanced with a photo scenery add-on. See at: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/105661-x-plane-1050b6-running-beautifully/

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Oceansong (moved from wrong forum)

I fly X-Plane on a top of the line iMac and had begun having numerous software crashes in version 10.40+. I also have a ton of custom scenery and a large number of plugins. Thinking those could be the source of the crashes, I did a clean install of the most current 10.40 release (prior to the release of 10.50), but still experienced software crashes that would usually take place after around 30 minutes of flying, but sometimes sooner. Additionally, it didn't seem to matter what aircraft I was flying, and I had become so frustrated with 10.40+ that I was reluctant to even start it. 

After updating with the first several releases of 10.50 beta, the crashes continued, whether in the clean version or the one with all the custom scenery and plugins- and, of course, 10.50 had several glitches that were being ironed out. Upon installing 10.50b6, however, I found X-Plane to be running BEAUTIFULLY, with absolutely no crashes, even with all the add-ons. WELL DONE X-PLANE DEVELOPERS!

If you haven't seen the buildings in 10.50b6, just take a look at Honolulu. This shot is taken from just west of Diamond Head, looking toward PHNL. The buildings are stock X-Plane 10.50b6, however, the water off Waikiki is enhanced with a photo scenery add-on. See at: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/105661-x-plane-1050b6-running-beautifully/

This is my downtown Atlanta, with everything set to extreme, not exactly a full experience?  Note the framerate

Rotate-MD-80_Atlanta.jpg