News! - Airfoillabs update and coming KingAir 350i project

News! - Airfoillabs update and coming KingAir 350i project

Airfoillabs were the big surprise of 2015 in resetting the benchmark for General Aviation aircraft in X-Plane. Their amazing Cessna 172SP Skyhawk easily won X-PlaneReview's "Best General Aviation" aircraft category for 2015, and that is against the high quality masters in Carenado. Overall it was an amazing achievement.

Notes of Airfoillabs current development include a coming (very) soon update of the 172SP include clever new rain effects as shown here in a video...

And we hope that the upgrade also includes the promised engine management feature that is currently blanked out. We wait in anticipation!

More interesting news is the announcement of Airfoillabs next creation in development, and boy let us not just go forward in small steps but take a huge big one up to the Beechcraft KingAir 350/350i. Now that is one big step up from a 172SP to a very big successful aircraft.

There is a great video of showing the early detail work on gathering images, sound and data on a real B350i, note the panel instrumentation, be nice to have that.

The video highlights how much background work goes into creating X-Plane aircraft and the level of detail the developers go into to create these on screen X-Plane masterpieces. Too early to set a release date for the B350i but X-PlaneReview's will watch the development with interest.

Stephen Dutton

5th March 2016

Copyright@2016: X-PlaneReviews

Logo_Header_X-PlaneReviews_200px.thumb.j