Aircraft Review : Airbus A350 XWB Advanced by FlightFactor

Stephen

Why no Mac version?  :huh:

More than 50% of the X-plane community exists of MAC users!

There is a slight issue with crashes on the Mac with the A350, but also the A332. I have extensively tested both...  They both fine on a Mac, my personal thoughts are with a clean SASL start up, If you start the aircraft from the desktop then the SASL plugin will start correctly, but if you move the aircraft in X-Plane via the local map or place it at a gate via airport, it screws up the plugin in not restarting correctly. Be aware of this issue and all aircraft that use the SASL plugin will be perfectly fine.

• 4 months later...
Guest Kristian

Hello, I have a few problems and questions with the aircraft. 

1. I do not know how to insert a Departure Sid and and arrival star. 

2. I do not know how to look through my route with the FMC, I go to the Plan option and I scroll through it on my flight plan page and it is not changing.

3. The cabin crew will not stop calling me through out the flight, they will call me about every 5 minutes and it gets very annoying.

These things are very hard to fly with so can someone please help me fix them?

Hello, I have a few problems and questions with the aircraft. 

1. I do not know how to insert a Departure Sid and and arrival star. 

2. I do not know how to look through my route with the FMC, I go to the Plan option and I scroll through it on my flight plan page and it is not changing.

3. The cabin crew will not stop calling me through out the flight, they will call me about every 5 minutes and it gets very annoying.

These things are very hard to fly with so can someone please help me fix them?

1) The SID/STAR's are just regular waypoints (or fixes) taken from a chart and inserted in like you do the main route...  The A350 does not have a built in SID/STAR database

2) In that case the route has not been inserted correctly?

3) Ha yes a real annoying call, Look on the overhead panel under calls...  There will be a lit button, that is the cabin steward asking a question, how to shut him up?  then listen to what he is saying, usually it is the cabin is too cold or too hot, fix the problem and he won't bother you again.

SD

• 8 months later...
Guest Hk Spotter

Hello,

The A350 is a very well built aircraft, with very good avionics, flight controls and fly-by-wire. How ever I do have one main problem with the aircraft that is making it very hard to fly, this problem is that the FMC or CDU. Filling most of the FMC is great until I get to the route page. The route page does not allow me to select STARS and SIDS and it does not show me how I can insert them into the FMC, it only allows me to choose the runway for departure and landing, the FMC also does not accept airways while I am putting the route in. I was wondering how I would be able to put every SID and STAR for every/most airports in the world into the FMC just like the other aircraft I own, where the SIDS and STARS are already included in.

Along with this problem, when I turn the main display that shows the route to 'F-PLAN' to go through my route, it does not allow me to see the route when i scroll through it in the FMC. This does not allow me to see my route until I am a few NM away from it. This problem does make it hard to fly the aircraft and it has delayed me from flying it and I was wondering how I could fix this. 

Thanks

40 minutes ago, Guest Hk Spotter said:

Hello,

The A350 is a very well built aircraft, with very good avionics, flight controls and fly-by-wire. How ever I do have one main problem with the aircraft that is making it very hard to fly, this problem is that the FMC or CDU. Filling most of the FMC is great until I get to the route page....

You can't. This FMC is built above the standand X-Plane built in FMS and works in that process. You have to create your own SID - STAR - RNAV points like you do with the actual flightplan or one complete flightplan including the SID/STAR/RNAV points. FlightFactor have noted a full working FMC is coming with the PRO version, but don't ask me when because nobody knows yet... SD

• 2 months later...
Guest a350 lover
On 3/18/2015 at 4:01 PM, Stephen said:

The reverse thrust system has been changed on X-Plane...  you now have to just open the REV doors, and then put the throttle up. I have a key (or in my case the joystick trigger) set to the key "reverse thrust toggle" and that will open the doors for you and click it again after you bring the throttle back to idle then to close the doors again. Note this system does not work on reverse thrust on prop aircraft? SD

the thrust reverser haches are opening but my airspeed is only slightly going down on landing. can anyone help please?(I am pushing the throttle up to 100%)?

You have to make sure you are in the reverse (REV) (green) mode before putting up the throttles? If you go too early your going get the standard throttle thrust...  It takes practise to get it right and you have to wait till the system is ready. But it does work correctly as I have used them. SD 

Guest a350 lover
22 hours ago, Stephen said:

You have to make sure you are in the reverse (REV) (green) mode before putting up the throttles? If you go too early your going get the standard throttle thrust...  It takes practise to get it right and you have to wait till the system is ready. But it does work correctly as I have used them. SD 

well the REV are deploying, and for a moment the REV are at full, but then go to idel REV again 

Guest a350 lover
19 hours ago, Stephen said:

Did you read my above comment? Then read it again!...  SD

I did read your comment and I am in REV mode!! Could I please have your email so I can sent you a video of the problem?

Guest a350 lover
4 hours ago, Stephen said:

I'm sorry but I won't give my email address out on the web for the obvious reasons, post the video on YouTube and send me the link. SD

ok, only problem I don't know how to upload a video to youtube.

Great video...  yes you are opening the reversers correctly....  so why aren't you putting the throttles back up for the thrust?  you bring the throttles down to idle at the point of ground contact, REV then throttles up and then when you have wasted enough speed you then bring the throttles back down and then close the REV doors...

Another thing I noticed was that you had the spoilers up on approach?  The flaps should give you enough drag to control the speed, and you only need the spoilers on contact which is an auto anyway, arm by selecting spoiler up and not down...    SD

• 4 months later...