Aircraft Review : Airbus A350 XWB Advanced by FlightFactor

Stephen

25 minutes ago, chrisrob57 said:

How to update  it only talks of update where to download please

It notes...  "If you already have purchased the A350 XWB from FlightFactor then go to your account at the X-PlaneStore and update to v1.4.3."  in the review?  SD

• 3 years later...
15 hours ago, boby said:

worth the 50 bucks (after the april sid/star update)?

Totally depends on what the MCDU update really is, is it just an addon SID/STAR to the current FMC, or a complete real working MCDU. If the former then no, if the latter then yes to your question, Personally the fully working MCDU will come in the v2.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

Totally depends on what the MCDU update really is, is it just an addon SID/STAR to the current FMC, or a complete real working MCDU. If the former then no, if the latter then yes to your question, Personally the fully working MCDU will come in the v2.

ok. how does the a350 compare to the 777?

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Actually about the same, dated and both need a version two update, both are well overdue.

ok thanks. then i'll probably get the a350 due to the lower price. people seem to favour the a350 more. is there any reason? or is it just because of the price?

hello, great review! i like doing cathay pacific flights, so naturally, i would need the planes that cathay uses. i have the jetsim a330 and ssg 747-8f (freeware).

cathay also operates the 777 and a350. I am looking between the two, and wondering which I should get first – the a350 (with the april MCDU update) or the 777 extended.

Which one is recommended more? the 777 extended or the a350+april updae?

btw how do the fps compare on these 2? thanks!

• 1 month later...

Pros:

• Interiors and lighting are beautiful
  • Sounds are also good

Cons:

• No SID/STAR selection, which I believe is a missing essential. There are workarounds with simple FMC plugin or a script. But all these require an updated nav data from Aerosoft or Navigraph, which I purchased. But these are still not a great solutions to have a fully reliable configured flight plan. Also you can just generate your own .fms flightplan, which I haven't tried and not willing to.
  • Lots of other features still missing, like ATC comm, which is supposedly very useful for getting an airport ATIS from far away.
  • Some few bugs I encountered, where I can't use reverse thrusts.

Summary:

I was amazed when seeing the images and video provided here. But the missing features, especially SID/STAR selection made me feel I was robbed for a $50 paid aircraft. Perhaps a smaller price to cope for all the missing essential features would be good.

I'll probably research for other good workarounds, but I feel like a paying customer shouldn't really be wasting time for workarounds to the missing features

I wish I reviewed the full details before buying this. I'll be very careful from now on when buying other aircraft from Flight factor. :(