Aircraft Review : CT206H Turbo Stationair HD Series by Carenado

14 minutes ago, Guest said:

for me the options and camera option doesn't work, when i press it nothing happens

Sounds like a bad aircraft installation?  You don't say if it is an old version or the recently updated version, if old then download the latest v3.1 version. SD

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone I thought I would reach out to the community in ask, does the Stationair CT206H have floats that come with the aircraft when you buy it from the X-Plane.org store.  I am interested in buying the aircraft along with the G1000 update Expansion pack if the aircraft comes with  floats.
Basically I'm looking for an High quality aircraft that has floats.  And I noticed the description on X-Plane.org store for this aircraft says it can have floats.
It be a most appreciated if anyone can answer this question or if there is an third party add on that works with the aircraft.  Please let me know and I appreciate it very much

Dion Markgraf
AKA: Dionsol
Flight Simulation (X-Plane 10 pilot) & Aviation Enthusiast

8 hours ago, Dionsol said:

Hello everyone I thought I would reach out to the community in ask, does the Stationair CT206H have floats that come with the aircraft when you buy it from the X-Plane.org store.  I am interested in buying the aircraft along with the G1000 update Expansion pack if the aircraft comes with  floats.
Basically I'm looking for an High quality aircraft that has floats.  And I noticed the description on X-Plane.org store for this aircraft says it can have floats.
It be a most appreciated if anyone can answer this question or if there is an third party add on that works with the aircraft.  Please let me know and I appreciate it very much

Dion Markgraf
Flight Simulation (X-Plane 10 pilot) & Aviation Enthusiast

The CT206H does not come with floats, only two aircraft from Carenado have them and one is the C172N Skyhawk and the C185F Skywagon. The wheeled CT206H StationAir does have the G1000 in an extension pack. SD

29 minutes ago, Stephen said:

The CT206H does not come with floats, only two aircraft from Carenado have them and one is the C172N Skyhawk and the C185F Skywagon. The wheeled CT206H StationAir does have the G1000 in an extension pack. SD

Thank you sir for your feedback, yeah if the Stationair CT206H would have had floats, this aircraft would have been the perfect aircraft to suit my mission needs without question.  I was looking for an aircraft of this model type that would have the G1000 implemented along with HD quality that I've come to expect from Carenado.  So now I am at a quandary with the two models that you referenced.  Because I favor glass cockpits over steamed gauges, I'm kinda in a rock and a hard place with what is offered with X-Plane to this point.
As you stated, I can go with one of the two you mentioned or just get the twin otter that has skis, floats, tundra wheels and others.  But still class cockpit configuration eludes me.  I wanted to produce videos from time to time for my youtube channel that would be up in the Sierra Nevada mountains here in California along with other waterways in the western part of the US.  So obviously a float plane would be needed.  Decisions decisions decisions,  less somebody could build some floats for the 206 or the 182T that would be awesome. :) but I don't think that will happen anytime soon.
Thanks again for your feedback is most appreciated
Dion Markgraf
Flight Simulation (X-Plane 10 Pilot) & Aviation Enthusiast
https://www.youtube.com/user/Dionm01

• 4 years later...

I just bought this airplane after I started flying a real life C206. I don't have tons of time in either one yet but two things jumped out at me right away with this one.

1. There doesn't seem to be nearly enough elevator control authority on the control stick. In other words my yoke (a CH products flight sim yoke) bottoms out before I can get enough deflections in the elevator to make the airplane do what I want. This is a big problem in the landing flare when I pull it back as far as it will go and the thing just plows into the runway threshold like a rock. I've even tried trimming max nose up so I need to push the stick all the way forward to keep the plane in a decent and then pull all the way back in the flare and that barely works if I take a shallow approach (on a steep approach still not so much). I'm assuming this an issue with my particular setup but it's not a problem with any of the other airplanes with the same setup and I'm not sure how to fix it.

2.  The turn coordinator doesn't work properly. It's labeled for a 2 minute turn (which is standard) but it's not even close. If you follow the markings you will find your wings well over 60 degrees of bank and doing a roughly 30 second turn. This is a much weirder issue that I have even fewer ideas how to address.