Hello! - Welcome To X-Plane Reviews

Stephen

post-2-0-61744600-1375445152.jpg    This is X-Plane Reviews!

As X-Plane from Laminar Research expands and grows,  Aircraft Simulation in all its different forms is now becoming a huge interest to many people in every part of the world...

...  only of this July 2013 the X-Plane.Org then went past the record number of users registered of 250.000 users, that is a quarter of a million X-Plane users!... or Pilots.

So It was only worthy and timely to have a site dedicated to reviewing and supplying you with the latest news of the ever expanding X-Plane universe.

And so here is X-Plane Reviews, we will give you all the latest news and reviews with an insight into what is happening and what is worthy of your simulator interest. No doubt the last year has seen many exciting releases and changes outside and within the simulator, these announcements and releases will become even more prominent as the simulator moves ever forward and from this moment you will have another home to bookmark to access the right information of these great product releases and in-depth XPlane analysis.

Items that will be covered by X-Plane Review will range from:

News
Add-on...   Announcements - Development - Releases - Reviews and Updates
Developer... Interviews
Scenery...  Free and Payware - Development - Reviews - Updates
Laminar Research... Developments - Betas - Updates

Comments and Columns from myself and many other commentators and X-Plane users.

In fact anything that is connected to the X-Plane Simulator.

Many will know myself from my news and reviews over on the X-Sim Reviews site (as Flightime56) and here you can join me with your own views and comments on the way you use and expand your simulator world.

If you have anything newsworthy then contact me at : [email protected]

If you are new to the X-Plane Simulator then you are in for a treat. Many new users to simulation are surprised on how deep the platform is, like a game it has many, many levels of involvement...  but don't call simulation a game.

The aim is of course to replicate and fly just like you do in the real aviation world and X-Plane recreates a whole virtual world for you to do so. The world you fly in is in real time and with real distances that covers the whole area of the earth. So first off, X-Plane can be very time consuming if you want to go long distances. But that does not mean you can not just hop in an aircraft and do a quick flight around your own backyard.

Besides the huge variety of aircraft available from both purchase (payware) stores (like the .OrgStore), there are also hundreds of machines available for free(ware) downloads at many other sites to add to your hangar. But X-Plane does not stop there, you can download sceneries, plugins, new aircraft liveries and a huge variety of items that can fill out your own unique collection that makes up your own virtual aviation world. (a sort of minecraft for aviation), and it is addictive!... 

In fact X-Plane should have a sticker on the box that says (This product is extremely addictive!)....

And X-Plane wants for you to be involved. You can create your own aircraft, sceneries and other items to add to the collection folders of other users, They will use your work in their virtual world and enjoy your contribution to the X-Plane experience.

So, thanks for joining us here at X-Plane Reviews to expand your X-Plane experience.

Stephen Dutton

post-2-0-72037600-1375445266.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Well G'Day Stephen from Ireland, I started with X-Plane 9 when FSX announced it's last sim and dropped it when DX10 fixer came out along with the NGX. Last December I bit the bullet with X-Plane 10 and becoming extremely addictive. 

As if the A350 is not enough(which I'm very happy with), I've become interested in the A380 from Peter's Aircraft. The trouble is that there doesn't seem to be any good screenshots of the 3D cockpit and it appears to lack an FMC 

I don't see any objective reviews anywhere. Any thoughts? 

Jude